ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Crapola! I remember Capsela!! Those were cool except the balls with the gears always broke on me. I think my favorite tho was construx. i built everything and anything with them. Lol, I remember making a crossbow out of them with a huge rubber band and used some of those nerf darts as arrows.

~myke

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I have to go back just a bit further, to the late '70's, when Micronauts were the rage...:)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I had tons of crap as a kid... however the essentials...

1. Atari 2600.... (I still own it and use it... joysticks are teh crap right now though :( ) defender ownz joo

2. Transformers were the coolest thing EV4r when the first came out. I had 2. and all I ever did was transform them..

3. TinkerToys (kinda like wood legos, before legos came out..shoot even Rayfield might remember these)

4. Matchbox (I had boxes of this stuff. used to keep my favs in a 'battle star galactica' lunch box I had)

5. My Tonka Bronco car (that thing was huge, and it was tough...and Skeletor looked teh pimp driving it)...

:D

EDIT : ooh ooh ...forgot my Xwing fighter ... with luke skywalker missing the head, and a colored toothpick as a lightsaber, 'cause I lost the original one :wiggles:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
platano said:

1. Atari 2600.... (I still own it and use it... joysticks are teh crap right now though :( )
Oooh, oooh, I had one of those! I saved from my paper route when I was 13 years old (1979) until I had the $125 to pay for it at Service Merchandise! The day my mom took me to get it was one of the more exciting days of my childhood...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
The green machine! I miss that thing :)

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
platano said:

1. Atari 2600.... (I still own it and use it... joysticks are teh crap right now though :( ) defender ownz joo

2. Transformers were the coolest thing EV4r when the first came out. I had 2. and all I ever did was transform them..

3. TinkerToys (kinda like wood legos, before legos came out..shoot even Rayfield might remember these)

4. Matchbox (I had boxes of this stuff. used to keep my favs in a 'battle star galactica' lunch box I had)

5. My Tonka Bronco car (that thing was huge, and it was tough...and Skeletor looked teh pimp driving it)...

:D
Ditto. Have to add GI Joe in there though. :D

Voltron was the ish too!!!!

·
Banned
953 Posts
This is scary to admit, but I have such love for the Transformers that I own the WRB STi model, and I TiVo the Transformers Energon show (it picks up where the 1986 movie left off).

My wife does this every time it comes up:
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Transformers. Then M.A.S.K. (remember those?). Then Thundercats. Then G.I. Joe. Then He-Man. Some of those might be early Nineties' toys.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
gi joe, he man & castle greyskull, micro machines, hot wheels, NES, madballs, my powell peralta ray barbee skateboard, and theres lots more i just cant remember the names right now....bah

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
gusto said:
...my powell peralta ray barbee skateboard...
I had a Tony Hawk deck (reminded me of that eagles album because of the graphics) with some white "gullwing" trucks :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
At a really young age I was into He-man toys and Voltron.

I got a bit older and discovered atari but that was not to last long. On my 6th or 7th birthday I discovered something that would change my live forever. The NINTENDO ENTERTANIMENT SYSTEM!!!!

I also still have all my lego castles and forester stuff put together, gonna decorate my house with them. I also have a couple of the ships.

And G.I joe.

Don't forget micro machiens.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yes! Used to have a Tony Hawk. Also the Capsula! Loved those. So much fun. I made a Robot. I also was a fan Link 'n Logs and those battery powerd cars. Can't remember what they were called, but they were cool. They even had a Subaru Brat.

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 135 Posts