Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my personal favorite new commercial is the jetta one where the guy is racing to get to the wedding. back in the day(4 - 5 years ago) there were better commercials. at least in australia, which was where i was up until a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
oooh car commercials. i gotta say my favorites are from Powerade. the one where it is a news broadcast of a hurricane. then the newscaster suddenly looks out and sees someone surfing in these waves which have capsized large boats. The surfer is riding a 40 foot wave or so... and then it crashes on him. It gets all quiet, and then out of nowhere he pops out, still riding his board... just crazy. you can find it on kazaa, and its worth the download, i assure you.
i also saw a new one today but just out of the corner of my eye and i'm anxiously waiting to see it again. anyways, its a new Powerade commercial where a guy is running from the cops i think and there is an opening in the bridge... like 30 feet or something, and he freakin jumps it and makes it. like i said, i didnt really see it too well. yeah so those are my two current favorites.
there is an older powerade commercial with Michael Vick and he throws a football from one end of a stadium and it just keeps going and going. it finally lands in the upper deck of the stands all the way on the other side of the stadium... so so far away.
I also like the commercial where two guys are throwing rocks up at a tree trying to get something down. finally he takes his shoe and chucks it up there, and out of nowhere out comes a VW GTI. the one guy says to the other, "try letting the clutch out a little slower next time" and then it says something about how powerful the car is.
yeah ok enough rambling... haha. i'm interested to know what other people's favorite commercials are too.... good idea for a new thread.
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha ha, ya i love that golf GTI commercial. volkswagen has AWESOME marketing stragities :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the VWs commercials as well. Another funny one was from Nissan a few years back for the Maxima. It's the one where they play "Danger Zone" in the background (from Top Gun) while a flock of birds is trying to poop on a speeding Maxima.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also like the maxima commercial where the car is pulling a huge ass drift across a desert(?)

·
Registered
126 Posts
The one where the car was stuck in a tree and they were throwing rocks at it to get it down. ;)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
hey i just realized that it is favorite car commercials, not just commercials in general. whats funnier is that i even acknowledged that in my post by saying "ooh car commercials" then went on to talk about commercials having nothing to do with cars... haha. oh well, i know you all enjoyed my rambling anyways
o-|-<) bryan

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I don't have a favorite but I defeintely don't find those Kia and Hyundai commercials interesting at all :p Also, the commercial for the new Eclipse is a turn off too.. the one with the girl popping in the car.

Oh yeah I really like the commercial for the Toyota Matrix, the one where the guy coudln't describe the car. That one always makes me laugh

:D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I like the Dodge commercial where the vehicles (all red) are driving in formation and near the end the viper does a barrell roll of sorts and lands at the front of the pack. Turns out they are all fighter pilots or something. Not too keen on the viper barrell roll, but really like the formations while they're driving.

Haven't seen the one where the guys are throwing rocks to get the car out of the tree. I'll be looking for that one. I like the CarFax commercial with the guy letting his dog drive and he swerves after the ducks. Bad dog, bad dog.... Mother of Pearl!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts