Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine's name is vanessa. shes so dark and exotic

orginially i wanted veronica, but thats my cousin's name. so i thought victoria, but thats my aunt's name.

so i opted for vanessa. heh

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well shes called Subie 2

I had another Subaru before her that we called Subie, so it was fitting.

Justin and Subie2

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Eva-00

You anime fans would recognize it...it's my license plate too :) Basically, it's a big giant robot in the anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion." It has a similar color to the WR Blue so I thought it was rather appropriate :) See?

·
Registered
129 Posts
funny...

well this is my first subie and my first personal plates for a car so i called mine T-WRX, my son likes jurassic park and his favorite dino happens to be TREX, so i cam up with the closest thing to that and my car, get it T-WRX...ha ha i love it and my son and friends at work all ways ask hows T-WRX...:D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Mario,

I can't believe you started this thread!!! I was thinking about asking the EXACT same question. :eek:

My subie's name in June. I got her immediately after I graduated college in the month of June.

Unfortunately, she is more often called "The Rex" or "The Subie" than by her name.

-Jim

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PlatinumWRX said:
Mario,

I can't believe you started this thread!!! I was thinking about asking the EXACT same question. :eek:

jim.....youre sorta scaring me...im never going to forget what you said in that one PM about your b/f and g/f hahahahahha

but otherwise...we're soul mates!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Betty!! those cute little eyes just seem to bat at me every time i look at her. kind of like betty boop. she just need oversized lashes.

i'm going to be beside myself when betty gets morrettes, that pretty little face will be much different. :)

dR

·
Registered
649 Posts
I call it "My car". I don't believe I've ever named a vehicle-- oh wait, I had an 89 Dodge Colt in high school that everybody else called "The Hurricane" and I picked up on. What a piece of crap.

·
2,210 Posts
I don't name my cars. Although they have drive characteristics, they are for all intents and purposes lifeless mechanical devices. :p

...well, except for when it throws a fuel-cut, or starts detonating. Then I usually call it "The B**ch" Sometimes I even get creative and throw an expletive in as the middle name. ;)

-Pace

·
Registered
174 Posts
My WRX is named Daphne. I derived it from the term "Scooby". The hot chick in the Scooby Doo cartoons was Daphne.

-Shadow

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I did not name this car, but my old car was dubbed "The Sherman Tank" as I lived on Sherman Ave and my 82 Jetta seemed indestructable. I was going to get T-WRX plates for this car as well, see my username, but if I had to name it, I would call it Boris the Blade, just Boris for short.

-joe

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I named mine my trusty "Sopwith Camel" after:

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron
The Royal Guardsmen

After the turn of the century
In the clear blue skies over Germany
Came a roar and a thunder men had never heard
Like the scream and the sound of a big war bird
Up in the sky, a man in a plane
Baron von Richthofen was his name
Eighty men tried, and eighty men died
Now they're buried together on the countryside
Chorus: Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more
The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' out the score
Eighty men died tryin' to end that spree
Of the Bloody Red Baron of Germany
In the nick of time, a hero arose
A funny-looking dog with a big black nose
He flew into the sky to seek revenge
But the Baron shot him down--"Curses, foiled again!"

CHORUS

Now, Snoopy had sworn that he'd get that man
So he asked the Great Pumpkin for a new battle plan
He challenged the German to a real dogfight
While the Baron was laughing, he got him in his sight

That Bloody Red Baron was in a fix
He'd tried everything, but he'd run out of tricks
Snoopy fired once, and he fired twice
And that Bloody Red Baron went spinning out of sight

·
Registered
907 Posts
Syd 2

named after my first Blue Civic Si, Syd.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
My Honda Odyssey is called the Flying Dutchman.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I started with a 1994 Maxima that I called Maxine

Then I got a 1997 Maxima that was faster and a bit more masculine, so it was Max

Now, my WRX is just named Rex

I know that isn't very original, but it was just too easy, and I think they all fit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts