ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an autometer a/f gauge. and lately its not been getting in the rich (green) area...even on heavy acceleration.. It actually drops into lean. Today right after getting on the freeway my check engine light came on.. I reseted the ecu and it hasnt been back on yet. I have a catless uppipe and turbo back exhaust. Any ideas on what is wrong here?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Air/Fuel gauges are more or less useless. If you read there instructions I believe it even says that the reading is only accurate at one point, like as soon as you floor it, or something like that, I forget what it said.

Check engine is probably cat-ineficiency, did you recently install your exhaust?

Frank

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check engine is probably cat-ineficiency, did you recently install your exhaust?

Frank [/B][/QUOTE]
I installed the exhaust a few months ago and used a cel fix. after i put on the uppipe i never got a cel. Cel is gone now but my gause still seems to be off...but the car seems to be fine running fine. It might just be the gauge.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
supermarkus said:
narrow band A/F gauges are nothing but annoying flashing lights or jumpy needles. Rip that sucker out and replace it with a wide band O2 sensor and guage for some useable info.
thanks. I might look into it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
supermarkus said:
narrow band A/F gauges are nothing but annoying flashing lights or jumpy needles. Rip that sucker out and replace it with a wide band O2 sensor and guage for some useable info.

What's the difference between a narrowband and a wideband? :confused:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wide band O2 sensors typically work over a 0-5 volt range, offering much greater resolution over their narrow band counterparts that typically work over a 0-1 volt range. The A/F gauge in question here is basically just a "Lean/Rich" gauge, it's readings are useless for tuning because they are so imprecise and sometimes not accurate.

http:www.howstuffworks.com has some info on this as does a google search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wide band 02 sensor? wide band a/f gauge???

I keep seeing everyone talk about wide band 02 sensor and gauges, I don't know where to look for the sensor, who makes them and what company has wide band a/f gauges?

·
Registered
63 Posts
FAST02WRX said:
I keep seeing everyone talk about wide band 02 sensor and gauges, I don't know where to look for the sensor, who makes them and what company has wide band a/f gauges?
These guys have a great setup:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

Edit.. forgot the s at the end of the url. Innovate does wideband, logging, etc etc. They are at sema this week. Ran their box on an RX8 that I had, and they are going on the new STi soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts