ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
i have a 02 wrx wagon
i have a few modifications and want to know whats the next best mod for a reasonable price

modification already installed
megan coil overs and front n rear strut tower brace

blow off valve
aluminum radiator
down pipe
exhaust
and a tune

i wanted to get some advice in whats my next big mod
that will be perfect for my 02 wrx wagon that has 164k miles

would a turbo upgrade with wastgate
or what ????

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
What about a brake upgrade? Or bushings? Those would be my next purchases

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Getting rid of the Megan Racing coilovers

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Getting rid of the Megan Racing coilovers
+1,452,958 do that and replace them with some RCE yellows and some good struts like Tokico or KYB.

What tune are you running? Is it a tune that was done with all those mods in place?

Get some better brake pads and bleed your brake fluid and replace it with some high performance stuff.

Then next on the list would be some better sway bars.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
At this point your next best mod(s) would be to ditch the sh*tty coilovers and replace the blowoff valve with a stock BPV. And then the obvious, get a catless uppipe, and a protune wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A: I'm lowered and kinda like it cuz it feels like a gocart...but I don't really think it helped my handling at all. Plus the PO did it so I don't really care. But that BOV isn't doing anything but hurting you, it messes with the a/f ratio pretty bad. Put the stock BPV back on. Get a catless up pipe. Could try sway bars, they help alot with handling and are relatively cheap. And don't require a tune.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
It's not that being lowered is such a bad thing (to a point), it's the fact the the Megan coil overs he has are notoriously poorly made..

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
+1,452,958 do that and replace them with some RCE yellows and some good struts like Tokico or KYB.

What tune are you running? Is it a tune that was done with all those mods in place?

Get some better brake pads and bleed your brake fluid and replace it with some high performance stuff.

Then next on the list would be some better sway bars.
Do they make yellows for his car??

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
They make them for the sedan, maybe use spacers for a wagon.
hate to threadjack but I couldn't find any other than for the STI with a quick search. Guess I should look more for when I do struts/springs

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Turn in Concepts sells them for 02-03 WRX.. they even sell decked out Tokico D-Specs fully assembled with RCE Yellows an your choice of top hats, like Whiteline Com C's.

Turn in Concepts
AH, thank you. I promise I looked and just couldn't find them lol. Now if they would just do it with Kyb's so the price doesn't end up so damn high lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts