Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a triple guage autometer a-pillar pod on the way. Anyways, I was curious if anyone knows the color code for the stock pillar. The autometer pod comes in black, but I want to paint it to match the interior. Also, what is a good paint that wouldn't chip would be ideal. ;) Thanks in advance.

Edit: This is for a MY02 WRX BTW.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
im not so sure they have color codes for specific pieces....but my guess to find it would be....take off the a pillar and check the back of it...i have the same pod and i cant remember if there were any numbers on the back of the stock a piller piece. My advice would be to just leave it black, cause it looks fine that way cause the entire dash is black

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already returned 2 Lotek pods. One was broken and the other didn't fit my greddy 52mm gauge. Anyways, I wasn't very happy with their quality or the way the gauges sit in the pod. It's pointed too far towards the window. I guess "Lotek" is really low-tech. :p

I have to decide. Whether I leave it black and paint the other pillar black to match or just paint the pillar pod gray...shrug hehe.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wrxinthehouse said:
I used a can of "warm grey" spraypaint from a paint store and it matches perfectly.
Cool, I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hybrid-X, what kind of pod did you end up going with if you didnt like the lotek?

·
Registered
172 Posts
sorry to doulbe post, but I reread the top post you did - guess i had a brain fart - my bad

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wrxinthehouse said:
Hybrid X, where do you live? (I have leftover paint).
I live in Cali hehe, but thx. ;)

dcraw6782 said:
Hybrid-X, what kind of pod did you end up going with if you didnt like the lotek?
I'm getting the autometer one. I heard the one for the wagon is a little funky, but the sedan one fits nicely. However, it's black so I need to decide what to do. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts