Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

5,786 Posts
I'm with GV on this one. My car weighed something like 3200lbs on the scales with me in it (can't remember the exact number which I posted elsewhere). Whichever way you cut it, that's pretty light for an AWD 4-door that pushes 227 turbocharged horsepower. The WRX handles pretty good out of the box, and can be made to handle astonishingly well with just a few mods. The wagon in particular has very close to the perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

There are not many cars that give you better bang-for-the-buck IMO. LS-1 Camaros are probably contenders, but who wants to wear the obligatory mullet?

-Pace

5,786 Posts
blarg said:
bleah....the last French-designed vehicle I owned was a 1988 Jeep Wrangler...I still cringe thinking about it....I don't care if it craps gold nuggets I'm not getting into a French car.
Hmm... the YJ Wrangler was just a slight revision of the late model (81 onwards) CJ-7 which was designed by AMC. This mainly included: Wider track through use of different rear axle and revised front. Lower suspension. New dash. Revised motor. New tranny and t-case. In fact, 99% of the components are directly interchangeable between these two Jeeps since their tubs and frames are identical.

I digress...

My Jeep history is o-k, but you'll have to enlighten me on the French connection (no pun intended) as I'm drawing a big blank here. :confused:

On another note: My family has owned French automobiles since I was a child. Mostly Peugeots. I would have to say these are the most reliable vehicles I have had experience with, and the motors would regularly top 250,000 miles with just routine maintenance carried out. Come to think of it, my YJ Wrangler has been just about the toughest most reliable vehicle I have personally owned... :)

-Pace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.