Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
aftermarket uppipe + tuboback exhaust - $1300

remapped ECU $700

felling like an idiot 'cause you just got smoked by a bone stock Infiniti G35 Coupe - still working on that one
First of all, you won't get beat by a G35 if you know how to drive your car. My best friend and I just went down there yesterday and looked at them b/c he might get one. He test drove the 4 door (both two doors they had on the lot where sold) and it was pretty fast buy no where near a Rex and the 4 door just has twenty less hp.

Second- A G35 coupe is going to cost you 37000-38000 dollars. The dealer told us not to expect any 31500 dollar ones for some time.

Third- The trunk on the G35's is non-existant, they have to have a diagram just to show people how to fit 2 golf bags in it.

Fourth- I paid 27000 bucks for a car that does 6.7 0-60's and runs 15.1-14.9 quater miles. The whole 6.8 0-60 probably came from a driver that just slammed on the gas from idle. I have seen stock Rex's run 14.4-14.6's all day on an engine that isn't even broken in.

· Registered
306 Posts
I referring to the 6.8 time on the Rex. What I was trying to say is that the test driver probably didn't get the rpm up before he hit the gas therefore turbo lag big time.

· Registered
306 Posts
also pointed out that Honda and Mazda put those motors in their BASE models
The Accord does not come with that type of HP in their base car. I believe it is an anemic 170 HP. As for the Max or the Altima they are still going to be slower than the Rex and more expensive, as the same case for the Z. Price that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.