ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the best way to launch my wrx would be. What works the best for you. And i was also wondering what the max hp my engine could safely handle

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
freakin A sorry about that previous post - my cat was surfing the web as usual...
Anyways stock internals should hold up to 400 fine. Launching just dont do any 7k clutch drops - bring it to like 4 or 5k and slip it quickly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
best way to launch is to be on boost, to have this happen, the engine has to be accelerating, ie a small load will create the resitance to create some boost. if u just hold it at 5k and drop it, there will be no boost, ie no power and ull bog, so hold it at 3k, floor it, when u hit about 5k-5500 snap off the clutch, this will cause some wheel spin. Even stock the front wheels will spin some, this takes some of the stress off the trans/diffs, and it will net consistent launches. But be aware, lanuching any method puts alot of stress on the car, so don't do it too often, but the drop on boost method is the best and least stressful way to launch the car, and it will net the most consistent launches. Its fun, but don't get into the habit of doin it too often. if u hold it at a certain rpm and slip it slower, ull put unnecssary wear on the clutch and it will be less consistent. either way, practice, get it down pat, but just don't do it at every stop light, any way, twisties are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun and there is no wear on the car......:D :D :D

oh yea, have fun with it

and search, theres a sticky on launching in the drag racing forums

·
Registered
647 Posts
i bet u could be z06's off the line, b/c of the awd, then they just rip roar past u in like 1second lol. Depends on the driver. My friend has a stick z06 and can luanch it sooo nice without much tire spin, while he can always be a dick and smoke the tires too if he wants. Just depends.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
there was a movie on here a while ago...stg 4 wrx against d1ckhead in a Z06...guy in the wrx got socked and he didnt get the money that was supposed to go to the winner.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yea, I have that movie clip. The Z06 got SMOKED twice and owed $500. The video doesn't show the fight, but apparently the Z06 owner was pissed that he got owned and didn't want to pay up. Good stuff!!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
ScreaminDemon said:
Yea, I have that movie clip. The Z06 got SMOKED twice and owed $500. The video doesn't show the fight, but apparently the Z06 owner was pissed that he got owned and didn't want to pay up. Good stuff!!
A Z06 got smoked by a Stage 4 WRX? Sheesh, what turbo is he running?
Post the clip (in the video forum, to be correct...:) )

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts