ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming up on a year of ownership with my 02 WRX. I have loved every minute of it. Appearance wise I have a momo shift knob, pioneer premier deck, dark tent, and my next purchase will be a set of mesh fog light covers (hopefully within the month). Performance wise I have a turbo back exhaust by Buschur and an AEM short ram intake. I am pretty pleased with how "spirited" my car dives currently, however there is much more room for additional performance mods. I want to squeeze one more power mod into it before the summer is over with a sub $300 budget and a resonable install time. I thought about getting an MBC. However I was told by an STI tech that since it doesn't talk to your ECU, the ECU will cut fuel because it notices boost is running higher than normal. So I am thinking that is out of the question until I can afford an EBC. My question to you guys is; what should my next performance mod be? Your resonable responses are very much appreciated. ie I am not going to get a turbo the size of a basketball, a front mount intercooler, and a set of $2000 GAUGES.

(FYI next summer I am planning on JDM headlights and a set of rims. I'll do more peformance if my budget permits, if not then I will do more the following summer. But "always in motion is the future" :) ).

·
Registered
109 Posts
go for an uppipe. lowers the time needed for the turbo to spool plus it adds a decent amount of horsepower. more power faster=good thing :D besides, you can pick up a good one for say $200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts