ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone, I got a 03 wrx..I am deciding to go sythetic oil..just wondering whats everyones favorite oil..my eng got about 140k..anthing helps? thanks

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
AmsOil 5w40 European spec.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Mobil 1 or Royal Purple

I'm sure Amsoil is fine, but I refuse to offer my earnings to the MLM type biz

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea iv'e heard some bad stories from AMS oil...lol...And yea So Mobile 1 is a good choice?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 almost from the beginning in my car. I started using the Extended Performance when it came out. I also use Mobil 1 in my wife's VW GLI.

·
Registered
353 Posts
switching to synthetic at 120K+ miles? i've heard the thinner properties of synthetic oil tends to find leaks with higher mileage cars. is this a myth? anyone used/considered the semi synthetic high mileage oils?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh..I have never heard that myth? I just got all th seals and both gaskets replaced on my block so not sure where the leak would follow<...I would rather go full synth..lol.......How about Castrol anyone?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Lubro-moly Vollsynthese 0w-40.Been finding it at Advanced Auto and some Napa's.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Uh..I have never heard that myth? I just got all th seals and both gaskets replaced on my block so not sure where the leak would follow<...I would rather go full synth..lol.......How about Castrol anyone?
I use castrol. it works perfectly fine... but I just use it because the guy who had the rex before me used it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
i've heard the thinner properties of synthetic oil tends to find leaks with higher mileage cars. is this a myth? anyone used/considered the semi synthetic high mileage oils?
I tend to find this as fact. Convential oils have different solvent properties which coat gaskets and seals. Over time; e.g. mileage, it's not an issue. Same oil, brand, weight etc..... Now, a switch to synthetic oil could affect these seals / gaskets with its additives.

Anyways, I use Motul.

This a good site.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet..Well like I said before, I just got gaskets replaced as well as the seals..So i'll find out if there's any leak after the switch to synthetic>>Motul owns..

·
Registered
15 Posts
mobile 1 or rp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts