ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just a census to see what exhaust everyone is running, tbe or cat-back, if cat-back list dp, if u have one, thats all im just curious, because i might do a custom mandrel bent ss exhaust with a magnaflow muffler (w/o resonator) if i can find it, but im also looking to see what everybody has too... thanks. :wiggles: (Preferably STI, but wrx guys can post too). :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
bosel dp divorced pipe, gutted mid pipe, straight pipe with twin tip.

poor mans turbo back ;)

edit: i dont own STi just a dumb wrx

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was going to do what it sounds like you want to.
I had a Catless perrin downpipe. I wanted a catback exhaust. However if you can find a shop with a mandrel bender, you can get a 3" pipe to go from the downpipe to the stock muffler section for like 100$ (the muffler is attached to a short section that goes over the axel) However the stock muffler section would still be 2.5 inches, thus creating unwanted restriction and not a true 'cat back' aftermarket exhaust.

I found the Blitz axel back section for as cheap as 230$ So if you get a Helix downpipe for 250, a customer midpipe (w/o resonator) for 100 or so, and a blitz axel back for 230, you have yourself a TBE for about 600$ which is about 600$ or more less than a name brand system (I.E. Cobb, Invidia etc.) Without cats or a resonator it would probably be a bit raspy, but very unrestrictive, and inexpensive. This is a true 'straight pipe' system with a muffler (a VERY BIG muffler @ that!!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the DC Sports cat-back exhaust system with a 3-inch piping all stainless steel and I loooooove everything about it. Its perfect fitting, great sound, and everything is great. Can't think of a negative thing to comment...

·
Registered
223 Posts
My friend owns a shop with a mandrel bender, and I know he would make me a straight pipe from the dp back to the muffler for cheap, but would this offer any gains seeing as how the muffler would still be 2.5 inches?

I would keep the dp stock (w/cat) but then just run the straight pipe to the muffler.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Invidia Full catless turbo-back

Invidia V1 Downpipe and Stainless N1 Catback. Best sounding exhaust on a scooby I've ever heard.

·
Registered
472 Posts
the 'axel back muffler section' is what would be 2.5. i don't know how big the tip is on the stock STi muffler. most likely they would make a pipe and weld a flang to the pipe that would connect to the rear muffler section flang; rather than cutting the pipe on the muffler, and welding a new one on that is bigger than the opening.

·
Registered
641 Posts
racerWRX said:
bosel dp divorced pipe, gutted mid pipe, straight pipe with twin tip.

poor mans turbo back ;)

edit: i dont own STi just a dumb wrx
If it is a bosal twin tip. I have the exact same tb. :wiggles: on a dumb wrx also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
will be purchaseing a perrin catless d/p and i am running a full titanium cat back, it sounds great.

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
Top Speed TBE...up pipe, 5 1/2 inch down pipe, 3 1/2 inch Race-mid pipe and exhaust

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
3" GHL Performance catback. Great sound, good looking too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
lissen i posted a thread but i guess no one likes me and didnt respond to me.... so i have a qustion, did anyone run into a problem with the cat back because they changed the flang on the cat so i dosnt need a gasket it alomost like a cone tip. because i have a hks carbon fiber/titanium exhaust from my 03 and i see it on fastwrx.com saying it will fit the wrx and sti....i havea 05 if that helps

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:sadwave: Im sorry that nobody responded to your thread, there might be a few reasons (This is just general guidelines.) 1.Check the stickies.
2.Try searching, if you dont find anything, then go to #3.
3. Then post, if nobody still responds, then proceed to #4. (This is just in general;not referring to your post specifically) Also, when posting, make sure it makes sense and is understandable.
4. Try nabisco (NASIOC), another well known subaru forum.
5. Dont hijack other peoples threads please. Thank you.

This is no flame at all, so don't take it personally. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
i didnt meen to hijack, well let me just say sorry i am just stressed out... but i had a hks catback with a gutted cat and a bosal down pipe i loved it on my 03 wrx

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
I saw your thread but wasn't sure which connection point you were referring to. Is it the spring loaded connection past the cat? This is kind of a "cone" tip where one end fits into (vs against) the other. This is the connection the STi has. If your exhuast has it, then it will fit.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
turboxs catless turboback, but not fully installed till i get my turbo ported in spring. sounds NICE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts