ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone could tell me of a good oil cooler setup for the WRX? I thought the STI's setup is pretty pricey!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would agree that - in basic terms - an oil cooler is an oil cooler. I would look for good craftsmanship, but I wouldn't for instance rush out and buy the STi unit ($2800 at Teague's (!)).

Just can't believe that the kit costs that much. $1000 - maybe. $2800 - you've got to be kidding.

If you go to Teaguesauto.com, you can get a good look at the different pieces and parts that are needed to install in a WRX.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought it was a typo, but I asked Dale about it and it's the right number, believe it or not.

I should also add that Dale typically has lower prices than just about anything on 85% of the things he sells. I have bought several big dollar items from him, even though I had to pay sales tax since we are in the same state.

He even went so far as to say that the STi stuff is typically ridiculously expensive to start with. After he puts a reasonable markup on it, it gets out of hand.

I'll bet he has not sold many of these, though. I think I could make a kit from scratch, using high quality parts including aircraft AN fittings and make $1000 on the prototype if I sold it at that price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
GREDDY/TRUST/GREX make some nice kits for damn near any car out there. Not that expensive either unless you feel some sort of requirement to pay that much for a cooler kit just because it says STI on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts