ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if anyone can tell me of any Turboback exhaust systems that have hi flow cats. I dont want to go catless cause Im gonna have to take it off every time i go to inspection. Eventually i would get an exhaust system but I need to get a job first. I know having cats hinders potential performance, but its a hit id be willing to take, I can make up for it in other aspects.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
TurboXS's high flow cat is very low restriction. If you hold it up to the light, you can see right through it. It is high flow enough that you will get a CEL for catalytic convertor inefficiency, but that is easily fixed.

You can also get their race pipe (or a knock-off on eBay) and just swap that in when it comes time for inspection. It is only four bolts, so it'll take maybe 15 minutes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, turbo xs seems to be pretty good, I have their uppipe and bov....so may as well keep it in the family and get their hi flow cat exh system.

how do you get rid of the CEL that the system will trigger? do you think it will still pass NJ inspection?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
blackrexNJ said:
how do you get rid of the CEL that the system will trigger? do you think it will still pass NJ inspection?
I don't know what NJ inspection is like, but there are pretty easy ways to pass it whether it is visual, OBDII or sniffer.

If it's visual, the high flow cat will work. If it's OBDII they is a MIL eliminator that sends an okay signal to your ECU (I think Perrin makes the good one. The PEP-style ones that you put on your rear O2 sensor will give a not ready signal, and you might not pass. If you search for CEL fix or MIL eliminator, I'm sure you'll find the good one). If it's a sniffer, but some isopropyl rubbing alcohol in your gas tank, and you should pass it no problem.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
goo hi flow

anything without cats flows great. don't leave cats in on account of inspection.

i've read more people failing w/ hi - flows than not.

go catless, and either run alcohol at test time (for the sniffer) or get a CEL fix (for OBD II tests)

dR

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
NJ inspection doesn't use a sniffer last time I went. They do the OBDII scan and a gas cap test. If you get the perrin fix you will have no problem with the OBDII scan.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have tried a blitz nur spec, borla hush and an apexi gt spec.(all catless) I couldn't tell any difference in performance between each.
Choose the exhaust that sounds best to you. my opinion is that most exhausts are going to be within a few hp of each other. Not enough for the butt dyno to notice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
high flow cats

Recently, I installed a stage 1 cobb power package, which consisted of the hand held accessport. Around the same time I bought a catback borla exhuast. To run the stage 2 maps on my access port, I need highflow cats. Does anyone know if I have to buy a new turboback exhaust system, or could i just buy the high flow cats?

·
Registered
900 Posts
04scooby said:
Recently, I installed a stage 1 cobb power package, which consisted of the hand held accessport. Around the same time I bought a catback borla exhuast. To run the stage 2 maps on my access port, I need highflow cats. Does anyone know if I have to buy a new turboback exhaust system, or could i just buy the high flow cats?
To run STage 2 in Cobb... you, at the very least, need to eliminate the downpipe cat. Most downpipes eliminate downpipe AND 3rd cat, some leave the 3rd cat. Just buy a DP, catless or high flow it doesn't matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts