Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, lets say the STI is going to get worked on before hitting this side of the globe, and YOU have to tell the boys at STI and Prodrive what you want in the STI....
(Don´t ask for more than 276 HP since Jap production cars can´t come with more out of the factory. Also you cant ask for more displacement since the WRC can only have 2L and the STI is the base model for it...-the 22B was an exception as it was a limited edition based on the STI as well-)

I´d like to see:
The full 276 HP
6 MT
The variable valve timing system already in the JDM versions
Full LSD controllable from the cockpit
Real hood scoop!
DIFFERENT HEADLIGHTS
18" wheels
Prodrive/AP/Alcon 4 pot calipers all round w/ HUGE X-drilled rotors
White dials again
Push button ignition
REAL Aluminum or CF finishes
Sparco or Recaro seats
High pressure clutch
And so on....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.... well keep in mind the GC8 body Impreza still is my heart´s desire. I dunno, it´s somethig about the bug-eyed look with the GCC body I dislike... tastes I guess.

·
593 Posts
MMC_555 said:
.... well keep in mind the GC8 body Impreza still is my heart's desire. I dunno, it's somethig about the bug-eyed look with the GCC body I dislike... tastes I guess.
Thats only cos you ain`t got one :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I read in my Popular Mechanics last night that the EVO VII is coming to America around 2003. They said it had 276hp, but expect it to come down to the WRX level here. They also said the STi was coming in 2004 and it had 280hp. They said nothing about it being stripped down.

Anybody know for sure if it's coming in "non-stripped" form?

Rod

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are we allowed a engine redesign cause after helping a friend do his timing belt I'd like to see them switch to a damn timing chain like the SR20 motors as well as better freakin main seals cause everybody I know with a EJ20 that's had it more then 4yrs has had oil leaks.
Other then that I would have to say:
JDM seats
stock 4 piston brakes at the least but maybe the Alcon brakes as an option with some EBC rotors (I had cross drilled crack on me)
At least 260hp from the factory
HID headlights
A adjustable dampening suspension with coilovers as an option
Strut bars front and rear
Goodridge brake lines
SS braided clutch line
6spd M/T
LSD's all around with possibly a adjustable center diff
a stock oil cooler (easier to upgrade the cooler then to run lines)
Then again I won't be buying one so what I want doesn't matter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
An affordable pricetag is all I would like to see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts