ClubWRX Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I run Costco gas in all of my vehicles. One is a twin turbo EcoBoost, one has the highest stock output of any 4 cylinder engine made (single turbo) and the other has a 1.7 liter supercharger sitting on top of the engine. I cannot imagine running anything but 93 octane (91 in a pinch) gas. I've been known to top off before leaving the track with 94 or 95 octane, if available, before leaving to drive home. The Honda Ridgeline runs fine on 87.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm guessing the 4pot is Mercedes? I know they held that title for a while.
CLA 45 AMG. It puts out 375HP from a 2 liter, 4 cylinder engine. The 2021 model is now 385HP and there is an S that produces 416HP. I guess what I wrote really isn't true due to the newer outputs.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
It's still claimable for the vehicle as it held the title at the time and does now.

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
Why is this thread still a thing?

Use the highest octane available.

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
I can get turbo blue 110 a few miles up the road from me. So race fuel it is. Little lead never hurt nobody.
OK, fair enough. Stupid post.

Use the highest 93 octane fuel available :D

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
OK, fair enough. Stupid post.

Use the highest 93 octane fuel available :D
I did wonder about the ability of my car to run leaded race fuels considering it had zero emissions to speak of. I assumed it may damage the injectors or fuel pump. I wasn't worried about brain damage, I've done enough of that it's beyond saving.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did wonder about the ability of my car to run leaded race fuels considering it had zero emissions to speak of. I assumed it may damage the injectors or fuel pump. I wasn't worried about brain damage, I've done enough of that it's beyond saving.
That hit close to home...;)

·
Registered
2016 WRX base
8 Posts
I run Costco gas in all of my vehicles. One is a twin turbo EcoBoost, one has the highest stock output of any 4 cylinder engine made (single turbo) and the other has a 1.7 liter supercharger sitting on top of the engine. I cannot imagine running anything but 93 octane (91 in a pinch) gas. I've been known to top off before leaving the track with 94 or 95 octane, if available, before leaving to drive home. The Honda Ridgeline runs fine on 87.
Even the G1 Honda Ridgeline is recommended to use 91 octane or above when towing above 3500 lbs. Otherwise, it's designed for 87 octane. However, there are interesting aspects of running higher octane in the Ridgeline that can be beneficial.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts