ClubWRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Per the owners manual 12-3 bottom of the page "*2: If Unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 AKI (95 RON) is not available, unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 AKI (90 RON) or higher may be temporarily used." So there you go the research is done no more questions to be asked.

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
Per the owners manual 12-3 bottom of the page "*2: If Unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 AKI (95 RON) is not available, unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 AKI (90 RON) or higher may be temporarily used." So there you go the research is done no more questions to be asked.
Thank you lol
Everyone's saying look in the manual, no one does and keeps asking the same question different, answers.

Here you all go. Exactly what it says, like we've been trying to say
Now are the fuel questions done?

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
I've read so many manuals that I can basically assume what it says.

So is that excerpt from 2015 or earlier?

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
I've read so many manuals that I can basically assume what it says.

So is that excerpt from 2015 or earlier?
Sounds like mine so earlier for sure

·
something else forever
3,897 Posts
oh ok thank you! :)

I can be a bit slow lol :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
I usually use Shell V Power...The other day (Im in New Jersey) I stopped at a SinGin Oil gas station and filled up with 93 ..The gas must be low quality or watered because I can feel a complete difference in the car..especially in boost..feels flat..Never going to that cheap brand GS ever again..I guess when it comes to fuel 93 at whoeverthe**** and 93 @ Shell,Hess or any other big name staions you really do get what you pay for..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here in State College, all the "Top Tier" and Sunoco stations, are old and run down. I don't trust those pumps. All but one of the convenience store, Sheetz, are within a few years old. Plus their tanks are loaded with sensors so if there's too much debris or moisture, they shut down automatically. I'd rather know I'm actually getting gas then risk it for a detergent package of higher quality.

·
something else forever
3,897 Posts
I usually use Shell V Power...The other day (Im in New Jersey) I stopped at a SinGin Oil gas station and filled up with 93 ..The gas must be low quality or watered because I can feel a complete difference in the car..especially in boost..feels flat..Never going to that cheap brand GS ever again..I guess when it comes to fuel 93 at whoeverthe**** and 93 @ Shell,Hess or any other big name staions you really do get what you pay for..
legit had the same experience but with Sunoco are whatever it's called... only use shell-v-power... everyone I know uses it too... :D

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
I had the same experience with shell.

I've noticed that out here in the land of bad gas (California), 76 seems to be the best for me for 91 octane/Stage 1. (lowest fine knock learn, and detect)

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
I had the same experience with shell.

I've noticed that out here in the land of bad gas (California), 76 seems to be the best for me for 91 octane/Stage 1. (lowest fine knock learn, and detect)
Seriously the fuel out here does suck. ACN is another meaning to do e85 swap

41 - 60 of 90 Posts