Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what turbo would be able to get me to around 300 awhp pretty easily? 300 whp is basically my goal, what is a good upgrade path that will lead me there? Also i was interested in a VF34...how much max hp can that turbo put out to the wheels?? Thanks :)

-Bobby D

·
Registered
103 Posts
VF 22 at the very least, but it won't exactly push that amount of power easily. If you want room to breathe at 300whp, listen to God and go with the PE1818 or 1820. Seriously, if you really want those kind of power levels email or call God. He had a PE1818 daily driven beast with something like 311whp, and I believe that was tuned down a tad for extra safety! He's been there - he knows what you need.

·
Registered
559 Posts
God ,,what are your mods??
I will try to follow you,,so as soon as i can get a UTEC and turbo,injectors and pump,,i will try to use the same setup you use and try to go with same turbo etc.
do you use the PE1818??correct..
Will the PE 1818 bolt on to a Scooby Sport Exhaust??or i will need any mods??
I definately wont go for the VF turbos cause i know that with stock IC and samco hoses i can get more power from a PE1818 or a SR 30 or SR40 than with a VF34...
Am i correct??
remember i dont want to change IC.
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
221 Posts
you should be able to get pretty close to 300awhp with a vf34. I've seen a couple vishnu stage 2 kits with 34's that dynod at over 280awhp.
if you really need over 300 then a Garret turbo is another option, ive seen other vishnu stage 2 kits with the Garret turbo running 340+awhp.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A VF34 can do it, but you'll be pushing it hard. A top mount can easily achieve it...you just need to design the rest of your setup accordingly to suit it.

My last car (albeit a GC8 chassis) had an STi V4 motor (effectively the same as the WRX unit, but closed deck and forged internals from the factory), VF22, LINK, 550 cc injectors, 3 inch turbo back, Supra fuel pump,light portwork in the heads and cams...no idea what the AWHP was (not a huge fan of dyno tuning personally), but the car went consistent high 11's on pump gas at just under 120 mph in the 1.4 mile (best was [email protected])....given the weight of the car (3050 with me and 1.2 tank of gas..very close to a WRX), that is well over 400 HP at the crank, and certainly well over 300 at the wheels.

Depends how nuts you want to go...personally, I'd go with a PE1820 or the GReddy 18G and a TXS top mount, though a GREddy or Blitz top mount can easily be substituted. Get the STi injectors and then a GOOD engine management system and a person who knows how to tune it, and you are good.

Adam
www.z1auto.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
It really depends on what dyno you use....

You could probably see ~300awhp with a vf34 on a dynojet but I doubt you'll see that on a mustang dyno...

I have a vf34 and was told by MZM that I couldn't hit 300 on their dyno..so I'm getting a sti 08 turbo. I think its the...vf48.

Oh if you are still in the market for a vf34..I'm gonna sell mine in a few weeks - 59k mi. on it though..PM me if you want it :)

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
Did you even know what a WRX looked like when this thread was created?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.