ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently had my 2009 subaru wrx 5 spd transmission lock up on me and i an looking to buy a new one.. my transmission has a code on it that is TY758VW2AA.. my question is will only transmissions with that same exact code fit on my wrx or could i buy one with a different code and still put that in? Only reason i am asking is because i have found multiple options on ebay but most of them dont have the same code as the one i already have so im not sure if this will match up right if that is an issue also the one that does match the code on mine is the most expensive one compared to the other options that have different codes than mine. Any answer would be helpful at this point i would hate to buy the wrong transmission.

·
Æternum
19,861 Posts
Essentially all 2008-2014 USDM WRX transmissions are a direct fit. Virtually all Subaru transmissions after 1988 will fit with additional driveline components.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Essentially all 2008-2014 USDM WRX transmissions are a direct fit. Virtually all Subaru transmissions after 1988 will fit with additional driveline components.
So a TY758VW1AA transmission should fit my wrx even though it came with a TY758VW2AA? Just really dont want to buy the wrong transmission thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts