Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a 2017 wrx. First time Subaru owner.
Should I get :
Sport tech? Is it worth the extra
Manual vs auto??
I want manual but wife wants auto? What should I do?!
Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

· Registered
309 Posts
Tell yer wife to drive her automatic minivan, get the manual. Don't know what Sport Tech means. I got a base model 2016 wrx. Heated and powered seats, sunroof were not important to me.

*edit* OH and go drive a Focus RS before you decide.

· Water.....sometimes waves
2,183 Posts
Marriage counselor hat on:
In typical marriages of young people, all such decisions should be made in light of both persons being able to benefit. If wife cannot drive stick, and refuses to learn, go with CVT. It is the practical thing to do. Save such "wants" on your part for later in life after the marriage is cemented, ended ( :( ) or you have the money to buy 2 cars (one stick and one CVT.) A WRX of any sort is a "want." Don't push too hard when you are getting a want anyway.

· Registered
768 Posts
JMO if you want a manual you will not be happy without a manual. Wifey can learn to drive a stick (on another car LOL).

If you live north of the MD line you'll appreciate the heated seats of the Premium...

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
Come to a group of strangers to ask what to do when it comes to what your wife wants *sigh* this marriage may be doomed, hahaha.

· Registered
2,442 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Depending on how many cars you & your wife have (or going to have), if you are sharing the car, get the CVT. If you have 2 cars, convince and get agreement to learn manual, if successful, get manual. Manual is top choice for the fun, and practical factors (control, cost, etc.)

· Registered
56 Posts
Get what makes you happy. I think the sportech is a must if your planning to buy this car. All the extras you get for about $3000 more is really worth it . I really wanted the push start and proximity key and i am so glad I got it.

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
Get what makes you happy. I think the sportech is a must if your planning to buy this car. All the extras you get for about $3000 more is really worth it . I really wanted the push start and proximity key and i am so glad I got it.
Happy wife = happy life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Need more info on does she just "want" to drive it or does she actually " need " to drive it as well.

I made a big mistake when I bought my Challenger in 2013. I got the auto when I REALLY wanted the manual. I figured that maybe the wife or son would have the need or want to drive.

Well, in the 6 months I had the car, the son and wife drove the car ONE time (each) and it wasn't out of necessity. I will never do that again. The 6 speed Challenger drove so much better than the auto and I regretted bad.

I plan on getting a 2017 WRX (soon) and it will be a 6 speed.

BTW, you can find other ways the make the wife happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.