Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What to do with my clear side markers?

Ok so I have an 02 aspen white rex and just got some morette's (black in center, white top & bottom) and some clear side markers. My initial plan was to tint the sides like my ambers were, but now I'm thinking about painting them white. So what do you think?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I like the CF sides, but I also like my blinking side markers since I have morettes now and it's hard to see the turn signal from the side (have had a close call or two with idiots). Also my clear sidemarkers were free but I don't really like the clear look. I'm leaning towards dying them a dark smokey grey.

·
Banned
66 Posts
depends on what kind of look you want for you car. I have the aspen white aswell and im going for the fully painted look, so im going with clear ones

·
Registered
128 Posts
zoinks said:
Yeah, I like the CF sides, but I also like my blinking side markers since I have morettes now and it's hard to see the turn signal from the side (have had a close call or two with idiots). Also my clear sidemarkers were free but I don't really like the clear look. I'm leaning towards dying them a dark smokey grey.

Out of curiosity, how do you dye the plastic clear corners? I want to get rid of the orange corners, but I still want them to be functional (ie, no CF ones).

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me dying is the best way to go on tinting lights. You just get some RIT or equvalent fabric dye (black). Pretty much use it according to the directions. I took a large pot and used a high concentration of the dye in the water. Keep it at a temperature just under boiling and suspend the parts in the dye. The longer you leave them, the darker they get. If you leave them for a long period of time they come out looking dull, just use some rubbing compound finished off with some polish to shine them back up. They look like they were from the factory. I'll post some pics of my old orange ones I dyed as well as the clears that I am going to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts