ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting some 18x7.5 rims. Any good tire suggestions? I'm looking at something thats not gonna cost me more than 140/tire. so what do you suggest?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have Yokohama Paradas on my car. They ride on 18x7.5. THey cost me a little over 150 each. I love em. Size is 225x40 zr18. I would say get some falkens, but they have a reputation of cracking along the sidewalls after some time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have faulkens on my RX7. They stick like glue in the dry, but are not very good in the wet. They also don't seem to last too long. But quiet and sticky in the dry.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Parada Spec II

I have Yokohama Parada Spec II's. They are sticky and the ONLY 18" tire that has has an identical diameter (25.1") as the the stock 16's with RE92's. Great tire, gorgeous tread pattern, and great wet traction (I live in Seattle). They are a lot quiter than Kumhos and has a really high treadwear rating. The only think I don't like is the sidewall roll, but for a sub-$200 tire, it holds really well. I'd also consider 225/35/18's if you live in an area with great roads. If you go that route, then I'd recommend Pirelli PZero Asymmetricos, that's if you want best dry traction, no tire roll, and NO wet traction. Whatever you choose, good luck!

B

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Parada Spec II

206WRX_GDA said:
I have Yokohama Parada Spec II's. They are sticky and the ONLY 18" tire that has has an identical diameter (25.1") as the the stock 16's with RE92's. Great tire, gorgeous tread pattern, and great wet traction (I live in Seattle). They are a lot quiter than Kumhos and has a really high treadwear rating. The only think I don't like is the sidewall roll, but for a sub-$200 tire, it holds really well. I'd also consider 225/35/18's if you live in an area with great roads. If you go that route, then I'd recommend Pirelli PZero Asymmetricos, that's if you want best dry traction, no tire roll, and NO wet traction. Whatever you choose, good luck!

B
Those are the same paradas I have, they rule don't they:D .

·
Registered
89 Posts
blackshadow said:
I'm looking at getting some 18x7.5 rims. Any good tire suggestions? I'm looking at something thats not gonna cost me more than 140/tire. so what do you suggest?
Becareful with Kumho supra 712's. I USED to love them
until I hit 10k miles, all of a sudden the sidewalls started
to bubble out. It's happened to three of them on my
MR2 SC. :(

Save a little money and get some good rubber, it could
save your life one day...

I bought Bridgestone S03's for my Rex, and they are
excellent! $170 each from my local Firestone dealer.
Got them to price match Tirerack.

Matt

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went with Pirelli Pzero Rosso Assimetricos and couldn't be happier. They ran me $170 a piece. Save up the extra money and get a better tire, you'll be happier in the long run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts