Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the turtorials and found this -

Battery Grounding

What the hell does this do?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,982 Posts
That depends on who you ask.

Some say it makes a dramatic difference in the quality of signal various sensors get, and so it'll make the car run smoother.

Others say it does nothing.

Others still say it's a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well i stopped getting zapped by my door when i did it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
started in japan as a common cheap mod that is very effective for the function of electronic accessories, as well as making decent power gains on high powered cars. those motors already pumping 500+hp gained something like 15hp. although it makes every accessory work better, power gains are not really seen on lower powered cars. the more power you make, the more power this mod makes.

you don't have to start from the same terminal on the battery either... you can make a loop, continuing the next connection from the previous ground.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I did it for 35 bucks....it was worth the money. Idled smoother, felt like it had a little more oomph up top, all lights were brighter, and didn't get shocked anymore when getting out of the car. Can't really go wrong for that price.

look up www.paranoidfabrications.com

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
its a nice mod if you have aftermarket stereo equipment that draws a lot of power like amps and such, with all OEM electricals (or even some low power aftermarket ones) its pretty much a waste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts