ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the sensor sticking out the top of my prodrive down pipe. I bought the car 2 weeks ago with prodrive stage 3 in it and found this on there. I am thinking its the o2 sensor that goes into the up pipe and maybe the prodrive kit moves it to the down pipe.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It could be an EGT sensor but it's not in the best place for that, so my first guess is it's an O2 sensor for tuning.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
it's the uppipe egt sensor- that's where the Prodrive downpipe relocates it- don't ask me why :)

the bung is too small for a O2 sensor unfortunately

the probe can't do any harm there, but it's not necessary

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
it's the uppipe egt sensor- that's where the Prodrive downpipe relocates it- don't ask me why :)

the bung is too small for a O2 sensor unfortunately

the probe can't do any harm there, but it's not necessary
I believe it is because they check to make sure the egt sensor is installed in the UK for emissions check

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I believe it is because they check to make sure the egt sensor is installed in the UK for emissions check
I wonder if they (EDM) have a decatted uppipe (2.0) like the jdm cars and that is where there egt probe is??????

Got me to wondering (sorry off the subject) if I could put my egt probe there (instead of my uppipe) and remain STX legal- hmmmmm???

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
lolerz at BS.. always in alterior motive-mode :rotfl:

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
if I can possibly prevent doing a uppipe re-install I will be a very happy camper :D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
next question. if i put in a new down pipe do i have to put that back in the up pipe or can i leave it out with out throwing a CEL?

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I wonder if they (EDM) have a decatted uppipe (2.0) like the jdm cars and that is where there egt probe is??????

Got me to wondering (sorry off the subject) if I could put my egt probe there (instead of my uppipe) and remain STX legal- hmmmmm???

I think North america is the only place that they did the catted UP to meet emissions standards.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
next question. if i put in a new down pipe do i have to put that back in the up pipe or can i leave it out with out throwing a CEL?
I'm guessing you have no probe in your uppipe now- and probably no provision for it. All you need to do is throw a resistor (you'll have to search for which one, but you can get them at radio shack for sure) in it and tape over the end of the connector- that's the way I'm currently running.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts