27,068 Posts

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
DTR rex said:
:baaa:

I hate country!

It's not that far off from the music that the boybands you listen to all the time make.

most people that don't like it never gave it a try.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
BrianH said:
It's not that far off from the music that the boybands you listen to all the time make.

i've listened to my fair share, my dad likes it so I grew up with some of it.
I am very diversified in the music I listen too, everything from the foofighters, to Coldplay, to John Meyer, to A Tribe called quest, or Kanye West.

i just cant stand country though. I feel it lacks in many aspects of talent, and every song is about the same thing everytime.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
DTR rex said:
i've listened to my fair share, my dad likes it so I grew up with some of it.
I am very diversified in the music I listen too, everything from the foofighters, to Coldplay, to John Meyer, to A Tribe called quest, or Kanye West.

i just cant stand country though. I feel it lacks in many aspects of talent, and every song is about the same thing everytime.
I wouldn't compare todays country from country of 5 - 10 years ago, it's evolved quite a bit.

if you honestly think songs are about the same thing every time you haven't taken the time to listen to them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Remy Zero........ :redface:

I know, I know.......Smallville' theme song......very ghey

But after that, Deliverance – Bubba Sparkx

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
J-H said:
Remy Zero........ :redface:

I know, I know.......Smallville' theme song......very ghey

But after that, Deliverance – Bubba Sparkx

Nothing wrong with that... Smallville > *
anything you can think of short of sex, good food, and God is inferior to Smallville.

BrianH said:
I wouldn't compare todays country from country of 5 - 10 years ago, it's evolved quite a bit.

if you honestly think songs are about the same thing every time you haven't taken the time to listen to them.
I will admit, I have not endulged myself with recent country music, but I hear some of it here and there.. not a big fan.
though I did have a friend who liked Johnny Rebel a lot.. that stuff is incredibly offensive, but I cant help but to laugh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
BrianH said:
It's a large part thanks to people like Garth Brooks and Shania Twain, who brought people 'in'. Tim McGraw, Vince Gill, Trisha Yearwood, Alan Jackson, and Faith Hill also had a hand in things.

Before 1987, alot of people thought Country to be some sad, honky tonk, woe is me song...that if you played it backwards, you would get your dog, wife, kids,trailor, and job back. Most people don't want to hear that.
Personally, I thank the class of 89 (Gill, Black, Jackson, Brooks) and Shania Twain for getting me into country. I don't know the EXACT figures, but country album sales jumped exponentially in the 1990s.

·
Registered
240 Posts
zombie autopilot by Unearth

·
Registered
0 Posts
DTR rex said:
:baaa:

I hate country!
I hated country to, big time. I just never gave it a chance. Then all of a sudden i liked it, got to me after going to the bar and thats all thats on. I still listen to rock, some rap, some of the "daily hits" and techno still.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Robert Johnson - I'm a Steady Rollin' Man

All this talk about people not liking country. I used to like country a lot but most of the stuff that's on the country stations these days is horrible, cheesy, filtered down pop. I try sometimes to listen to country at work but I usually only last about half an hour before I have to turn it. Don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of good bands/singers. (Gary Allen, Brooks and Dunn, George Strait, etc...) but there are a lot of sucky ones too (Rascal Flatts and all of the other country boy bands, etc...)

But still I give it a try once or twice a week. I'm pretty open-minded about music. I listen to everything from Nina Simone to Slipknot.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
more and more lately I've become a fan of music videos, watching some garbage concert right now.
_B

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
In a feat of amazing stupidity I managed to somehow make all of my devices my media were on last night dissapear. Now i'm too lazy to go find the tapes . . . so I'm streaming music

Sugarland Baby Girl

41 - 60 of 17728 Posts