ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 WRX that's mostly stock (just changes in exhaust, suspension, and lightweight pulleys) and it has about 175,000 miles on it... Should I do any engine modifications? What should I start by doing, and is it even worth while? I'm just afraid my engine is going to blow up.. even though its been taken care of very well. Thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,206 Posts
I've got a 2004 WRX that's mostly stock (just changes in exhaust, suspension, and lightweight pulleys) and it has about 175,000 miles on it... Should I do any engine modifications?
No.

What should I start by doing,
The routine maintenance and any maintenance on the chassis to keep it safe and roadworthy.

and is it even worth while?
Yes.

I'm just afraid my engine is going to blow up.. even though its been taken care of very well. Thanks
It should not. If it does, and there is no reason, don't buy another Subaru. In the 21st century we should be able to drive cars for a very long time. Otherwise we've not really made any progress.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Compression/leakdown tests will give you insight as to the health of the motor. From that, you can make an informed decision for yourself.

It's not failsafe insight, but it's better than going in blind...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts