Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My side skirt came off and my door got scratched by something on the road .. is it cheaper for me to fix it myself or pay my deductible for 500

·
Super Moderator
11,412 Posts
It may be covered under warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,412 Posts
Yes the skirt.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sorry about your luck. The simple solution is to go to a body shop and get an estimate. It should take a few minutes. Make your decision from there. Or, buy a Mustang.

·
Super Moderator
11,412 Posts
What caused the side skirt to fall off? The impact or just randomly. I totally was not getting the though on my previous replies.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have hit so much crap on the road over the years. Once I was driving behind a gravel truck, and everytime he hit a bump in the highway, he would shower marble-sized gravel behind him. I got dinged once or twice with that one before I could pass him.

About 2 months ago I was rounding a curve on a part of the expressway in town with a high retaining wall, and there was a construction sign blown down with the stand sticking up in the air in my lane. I instinctively swerved into the other lane without thinking--fortunately no one was in it at the time!

And, I've driven over 2x4's and other stuff that fell off trucks. Never had anything fall off my car though.

That's a bummer though. I agree get an estimate--maybe it won't be too much.

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
What caused the side skirt to fall off? The impact or just randomly. I totally was not getting the though on my previous replies.

OP stated it was from a road hazard, so it would not be covered under warranty. OP will likely have to bit the bullet or pay their insurance deductible, whichever is cheaper out of pocket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts