ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just baught a 2017 Premium WRX with 2.0 Turbo & was trying to add some performance parts to the car.

The past owner had already put a K&N Intake.

I was thinking maybe getting a Charge Pipe & Cobb Access Port First.

Next step would probably be a Grimspeed J-Pipe & the Invidia R400 quad Tip Exhaust.

I would like to know your opinion and weather or not thats a good mod route. To start with.

Any suggestion on Later Mods??
Or any tips?
Thanks!

·
Super Modulator
19,430 Posts
Yes, I agree. Find an OEM airbox.

Unless... is that a K+N filter or an entirely different intake?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just baught a 2017 Premium WRX with 2.0 Turbo & was trying to add some performance parts to the car.

Next step would probably be a Grimspeed J-Pipe & the Invidia R400 quad Tip Exhaust.
Accessport is a really good start. Cobb had a stage zero tune to remove the rev hang. My '17 had a vacuum leak at the stock turbo inlet, so right away I'd recommend Perrin's turbo inlet (helps it spool quicker and makes it louder!). I say start there. If it's your daily driver, a little at a time worked for me.

Everyone's installation times did not reflect my own lol. I did the J pipe and CB exhaust over a weekend. It was a 10+ hr job because I didn't have certain tools, and the O2 sensor was threaded crooked from the factory... Little problems that snowballed into 10+ hours. J-pipe with an E-tune from Mike at Innovative Tuning really woke up my car.

I used a lot of MA Performance stuff. Short shift adapter, shift stops... I did the intake, but the MAF sensor was in a location only accessable under the car. Kind of a PITA when you go to clean it.

Pilot Sport 4S summer tires! This was an amazing "upgrade" and is often overlooked as far as upgrading goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I would like to know your opinion and weather or not thats a good mod route. To start with.

Any suggestion on Later Mods??
Or any tips?
Thanks!
So like these guys said a "k&n intake" would not work for this car anything upgraded needs a tune and the accessport only supports certain brands, yes start with an accessport and go from there you got to figure out what kind of power you want I would recommend buying all the parts you want over time and than taking it to a dyno shop to be pro tuned because if not you will keep returning to the dyno to pay more money just get it all in one. Now if you just want a little power safely id go with a intake, cattless or catted J pipe, cobb 3 port ebc, and the accessport that is my setup on a dyno tune and it made 300whp and 330tq so far ive driven it 12k miles with the power upgrades no check engine lights or problems granted I only drive it hard every once in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts