ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what you all think i should pull on the dyno. the parts i have on the car.
hks down pipe
mbrp down pipe back
hks up pipe
wallbro 255 fule pump
utech set at the stage 4 settings
vf22 turbo
sti 565cc inj.
new plugs
stock intercooler

it has not been tuned wait i go wednesday for that so there is no boost yet.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
250ish? Just a random guess because of the stock intercooler/small down pipe...let us know if you get it tuned what it does...I have a vf22 setup and can't get to a dyno for at least two weeks, wondering what they do.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You probably want to think about upgrading that TMIC to either a larger top mount or a fmic. Possibly getting a bell mouth downpipe or even divorced wastegate dump tube style just keep from a some nasty boost spikes depending on how high you set boost at with your tune.

BTW Josh, are you goin to Axis for the tune? If so let me know when and Ill stop by and see how ya do.

-Griffin

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SERacing said:
250ish? Just a random guess because of the stock intercooler/small down pipe...let us know if you get it tuned what it does...I have a vf22 setup and can't get to a dyno for at least two weeks, wondering what they do.

what do you mean by the small down pipe? its 3 in. down pipe they only make 1 bigger then that and it hard to find.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Well I have a 4inch Turbo XS one...between the extra width (even though it tapers) and the bellmouth you would probably pick up a few more hp/rpms of spool up especially on a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
158 Posts
scrapy2, PLEASE let us all know how it goes! With the exception of the exhaust, I will have the same EXACT setup as you come next week. I am curious to see what kind of numbers you'll be putting down with the stock tmic and "economy parts". What is ur boost set at right now on your vf22? Any boost creep since you're using an HKS DP? Can ur butt dyno tell that you have more power now with the vf22 on the base stage 4 map? I hope things go well for you on the dyno!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
waveoff said:
scrapy2, PLEASE let us all know how it goes! With the exception of the exhaust, I will have the same EXACT setup as you come next week. I am curious to see what kind of numbers you'll be putting down with the stock tmic and "economy parts". What is ur boost set at right now on your vf22? Any boost creep since you're using an HKS DP? Can ur butt dyno tell that you have more power now with the vf22 on the base stage 4 map? I hope things go well for you on the dyno!

well the boost is set really low (i guess the guy i bought the utech from turnd it down before i got it) and i really havent drove it since i put it on just drove it home from my buddys house where we did it from. just scard of hurting it before i have it tuned. and i hope forsome good #s to the car pulled 195. whp with just down pipe and down pipe back. nothing eles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
waveoff said:

Since Josh is a little slow (In more ways than one:p ) He told me he put down 265 to the wheels after the stock IC was refreshingly doused with 45 degree mountin spring water. Before that I beleive he was around the 255-260 mark. Before the tune, and on the base map, he was actually running less power than his stg 2 set up(less than 190WHP) The stage 4 base map from what I can tell with his car, does not run well at all w/ a VF22. It's just enough to get you from point A to B before you get it professionaly tuned.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since Josh is a little slow (In more ways than one )thanks alot dude ya it hit 260 at the wheels with 93 oc. the stock ic just killed me and the heat in the shop didnt help much neither(it was 95% humity in there) ya we picked up 5 hps by just pouring water in the ic. we have the boost set at 17.5 and could go more on a cooler day. if you need more info just ask. but besides all that i am very happy :wiggles: :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
265whp on a dyno dynamics dyno..?

On a vf22 w/stock ic....

I'm not buyin it...thats really sick if ture. but my car ran real strong and I didnt put that much down...but hey maybe he's got a freak.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts