ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i herd the wrx trannys are very crappy, :confused: and break easily, just wanted to know who out there launches and how, who eases off the clutch who revs up and dumps clutch and lets the bad boy loose.!? :whoa:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
i herd the wrx trannys are very crappy, :confused: and break easily, just wanted to know who out there launches and how, who eases off the clutch who revs up and dumps clutch and lets the bad boy loose.!? :whoa:
I recommend you do not do this. This isn't a Honda, where the front would just break traction. The AWD will do its job at the expense of component stress, where gears, synros, etc are coping with engine torque and the friction of driving all four wheels.

Clutch dumps are a one way ticket to new transmission land...

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had an 11 wrx sedan that I launched tons of times at the strip. I would hold it at 7k then almost dump but not fully dump it and it would hook up and go. Never had one prob with it and put over 20k on it before I traded it. But on the street it would wheel hop like crazy so I would not suggest launching hard on the street.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I had an 11 wrx sedan that I launched tons of times at the strip. I would hold it at 7k then almost dump but not fully dump it and it would hook up and go. Never had one prob with it and put over 20k on it before I traded it. But on the street it would wheel hop like crazy so I would not suggest launching hard on the street.
See this^ Don't do it.

I was slipping the clutch from 4500rpm when I was drag racing on my 5spd. I upgraded to the 6spd, and a big turbo, so I have no clue what I'm going to launch at.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I feel TERRIBLE for the person who got that car after you. Not cool man...not cool

·
Registered
522 Posts
Launch at 4500 and the car will big like crazy, or you're just gonna burn the crap outta your clutch. Just don't hold it at redline at drop the clutch and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Launch at 4500 and the car will big like crazy, or you're just gonna burn the crap outta your clutch. Just don't hold it at redline at drop the clutch and you'll be fine.
insanely enough... I was getting 1.8 60fts at 4500rpms. And my clutch lasted through 50+ drag launches at bandimere.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Over 9000.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the most of you launch at 4500 rpm but not dumping the clutch, just ease off quickly???????

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Lc is set at 5500 and you gotta slip the clutch a little. Deff do not dump it and don't launch it consecutively in one night playing around

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
*sigh* these threads always give me a headache.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.