Subaru WRX Forum banner

What rotors should I get?

1004 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  JTsWRX
I will be adding a new cat back exhaust and a down pipe for my 09 sedan as well as a AP. This is a little ways down the road but I just had my car inspected and I need new brake pads and roters and figured I would need to eventually upgrade my breaks in the future anyways because of the power gains. Should I get slotted, drilled, vented? What else should I look for? Thanks!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I would either get slotted or OEM. Negligible gains from drilled or slotted rotors really but often times are still high quality rotors if they're from the right manufacturer. Look for StopTech or Hawks they make good brake components.
yeah, stay away from drilled.. less surface area to dissipate heat can cause cracking or warping under normal use. i just did my brakes a few weeks ago and was in a toss up over regular rotors or slotted and came to the conclusion that i don't do any track days so i don't need to spend the extra coin on slotted rotors. i put on stoptech sport pads and SS lines with centric rotors (centric makes stoptech BTW) and ive been pleased so far
Blanks like Centric Premium are all you need. Slotted may look "cool", but will provide little/no benefit to a vehicle that isn't seeing high-performance track driving; at which point, you should be swapping pads / rotors / fluid before and after each event.
The ones KNS makes in conjunction with DBA are sweet
I have a 2010 wrx and I am also stage 2 +intake and I went with Centric blanks and stoptech street performance pads along with ss lines and fluid, the whole setup was under 600 bucks and it is more than enough for my current power levels.
Blanks like Centric Premium are all you need. Slotted may look "cool", but will provide little/no benefit to a vehicle that isn't seeing high-performance track driving; at which point, you should be swapping pads / rotors / fluid before and after each event.
Let alone they'll chew your pads down faster than the blanks will as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cross drilled works with water very well, at least DBA's. They dry off way faster than slotted or blanks. DBA's don't crack or warp, just check that the holes are chamfered before using them.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.