ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as of now i have full turboxs turbo-back, 4" downpipe, uppipe, header, and drop in k/n filter... what type of ecu piggy back should i get and what stage would fit me best??? I know i should research, but i don't really have the time... emmissions is coming soon and i have to decide on what i want to get and i need your imput on the selection!!! :D

thanks again all!!!

jon

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chevyeater said:
Are you lazy or do you want to t00n?

Judging by your lack of search, :)
damn straight... but the fact is i am gonna need this really soon so i can pass emmissions... I am just asking a general ? and since your comment had nothing to do with helping me out what-so-ever... I researched a lil' more... Thank you :) But still i am still in a loophole on which to get... i know now that most people swayed to ap, for the simplicity of the matter of just plug and be done... But others have gone to utec because its endless tuning capabilities... The ? is what would u prefer over the other... I know its a whole personal opinion thing but just a lil bit of help and opinion's might help

thanks,

jon

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I just posted my opinion under the "Engine Management Comparison" thread. AP will certainly let you get by emissions, if we're talking about the OBDII check.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you dont have any cats... uppipe and TBE ... no EMS is going to allow you to pass smog.

My personal opinion is UTEC, but I enjoy tinkering with my car. Its pretty easy once you get the right tools, but you really need an old laptop and access to a W/B 02 sensor. I have my car pretty much fully tuned (I'm not professional, just imo roadtuned) to hit 10.5 down the line and max boost in the early to mid 3ks. It is awesome once its done... at least I love mine.

If you dont like messing with things you really have no clue about I would go with the AP. I learn by breaking / doing and I have fun during...

its personal preference. I would say a good UTEC map will get more power than an AP base map. Just like a UTEC base map will give less power than a tuned UTEC map.

Rob

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
dosage0 said:
If you dont have any cats... uppipe and TBE ... no EMS is going to allow you to pass smog.
OBDII now lets you go through emissions without the sniffer. They just plug in under your steering wheel, and your computer says whether or not you pass. AP widens the parameters, letting your ECU read "OK" even without any kittens.

Blue

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Blue2004WRX said:
OBDII now lets you go through emissions without the sniffer. They just plug in under your steering wheel, and your computer says whether or not you pass. AP widens the parameters, letting your ECU read "OK" even without any kittens.

Blue
Yep, what he said. Many larger counties have gone to purely OBDII testing. My reflash let me pass with flying colors and no cats past the turbo last February.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts