ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be getting my 12' wrx soon and was wondering if there are any popular mods to get for winter. I have weather tech floor mats, rally armor mud flaps and wheels/tires already.

·
Æternum
20,585 Posts
What tires? Those are the most important winter mod IMO.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought some 215/55/16 General Altimax Arctic.

·
Æternum
20,585 Posts
What wheels?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Altimax Arctic are good snow tires...they grip real well

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what ive been hearing. The tread is real beefy. First new set of tires I ever bought

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
anytime mods that are quick so 'yinz don't freeze' while installing: I would say brighter bulbs and if you have fogs, proper aiming of them

maybe a empty and fill of the washer fluid with some of the stuff made for real cold and/or deicing?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
anytime mods that are quick so 'yinz don't freeze' while installing: I would say brighter bulbs and if you have fogs, proper aiming of them

maybe a empty and fill of the washer fluid with some of the stuff made for real cold and/or deicing?
+1 on the deicing washer fluid. If you're driving over passes a lot, it's nice not to have the nozzles freeze up, and be able to quickly spray the windshield.

Since this car is new, I wouldn't worry about bulb or aiming for now. I would hope the lights would be properly aimed at the factory/dealer.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Since this car is new, I wouldn't worry about bulb or aiming for now. I would hope the lights would be properly aimed at the factory/dealer.
Bulbs are a preference thing... I got a complete set of SilverStar Ultras in mine....I don't like the stock ~3100K color or performance

Sadly though, if the '12 is anything like the '11 (which they are, lol) the fogs will come from the factory aimed about 20" in front of the bumper, which does not provide any additional light for the driver unless your nose it touching the windshield. about 45 seconds and a shorty screwdriver will fix that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

maybe a empty and fill of the washer fluid with some of the stuff made for real cold and/or deicing?[/QUOTE

Yeah it is going to have fogs. Thanks for throwing that out there. Ill keep that in mind. Never had fogs before. Good call on the windshield washer fluid. Ill definetly do that. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you decide to get a clear bra,get it now before the paint chips.
I planned on getting a clear bra put on but I dont know how quick ill get it on. From what Ive seen they arent cheap to have them installed and im not sure of who to go to around here to have it done.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Get a good snowbrush.I use a foam brush Amazon.com: Sno Brum Original Snow Removal Tool with Telescoping Handle: Patio, Lawn & Garden instead of the typical snow brush with bristles.The paint on our cars is bad.
ooooo..... I'm gonna hafta get me one of those!!!!!

I planned on getting a clear bra put on but I dont know how quick ill get it on. From what Ive seen they arent cheap to have them installed and im not sure of who to go to around here to have it done.
pm sent...

·
Registered
69 Posts
the fogs will come from the factory aimed about 20" in front of the bumper, which does not provide any additional light for the driver unless your nose it touching the windshield. about 45 seconds and a shorty screwdriver will fix that.
How do you do that? I noticed the foggers help NONE.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts