ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I get next? An Ecutek, Rims, or Defi Gauges?
I was leaning towards the Ecutek :wiggles:

Ive got an 04 wrx with TBE, upipe, aftermarket HU, mids and highs and a 4/300 amp.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
AccessPort or UTEC to maximize gains, as someone said.

AP if you want to download and be done.
UTEC if you want to play around with it. (and spend more money)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
it sucks rig ht now imho because the accessport is not tunable enough, the utec is too expensive, xede nobody really uses...although i would like to see it used more, and e manage nobody uses for some reason...except ill be the first..yikes im scared!!!!(any time anyone wants to jump in with e man tuning advice ill appreciate it..thats why i keep mentioning it ;))

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Buy my subs for me to compliment those nice interiors of yours. I also have a couple amps if you want. And caps. And everything. I'll give you a good deal ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of amps and subs and how much? Im gonna get a Ecutek, my dealer is a tuner for them so im def going with it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
3 JL 10w 6s, wired at exactly 4 ohms for the 1000w PPI competition series amplifier. Really sick setup. I also have crossovers, caps if you need them. I also have a Rockford amp rated at 662 watts (for my old MB Quart interiors)

I can let go of the box for $400, the PPI for $450, and the Rockford for $200. I'll do $800 for the PPI and subs, plus I'll throw in a 1 farad capacitor for free. That amp alone is worth more than that, and the subs are too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to change my own thread on you guys but why do you guys prefer the AP, Vishnu, and the Utec so much more over the Ecutek?

·
Registered
248 Posts
UTEC +1

-Lots of people selling theirs b/c they traded in for sti. I found mine in the personals on here. Cheap sometimes w/ the remote switch.

-Staged maps. Make your own or download them

-No 12week waiting list for it...

some other stuff I cant think of right now...

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Bubis said:
Sorry to change my own thread on you guys but why do you guys prefer the AP, Vishnu, and the Utec so much more over the Ecutek?
the ecutek is somewhat older techonology, while that not may matter to you, it does to me personally. the accessport, although people praise it, is never something you will see in my car. it is very limiting at this point with the maps as they are and I don't see a reason to spend $500 or whatever for something you cannot have tuned to it's maximum potential. toss in the ability of tuning, and you are at the price of a utec, if not more. if my car needed a pure standalone, the aem would be in my car without fail.

this is all my personal opinion and you might not see a lot of people agree with it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Snowvert said:
the ecutek is somewhat older techonology, while that not may matter to you, it does to me personally. the accessport, although people praise it, is never something you will see in my car. it is very limiting at this point with the maps as they are and I don't see a reason to spend $500 or whatever for something you cannot have tuned to it's maximum potential. toss in the ability of tuning, and you are at the price of a utec, if not more. if my car needed a pure standalone, the aem would be in my car without fail.

this is all my personal opinion and you might not see a lot of people agree with it.
You Cobbhater! :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts