Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love the idea of adding to the exterior, and looking at coil overs, trunks, and fender flares lol....I really want performance mods with power.

At the moment, I have an:
Invidia N1 exhaust (single exit)
Heatwrapped DP (unknown brand)
AEM Intake
GFB BOV
Rear Harness Bar
Front grill Lightbar
Yakima Corebars
COBB AP V3

Not much on mods in general, especially performance wise. From what I've read, a front mount inter cooler, fuel injectors, and E85 (injectors and fuel pump) kits would be nice from where I stand now.
What else would you go for next focusing on power, and what order would you do them in? Much appreciated as always guys.

·
Æternum
15,504 Posts
Hard for any of us to provide suggestions without first knowing what car you have...

For any WRX between 2002 and 2005 and 2009 and 2014

For any STI between 2004 and present

Fuel injectors and fuel pump are an absolute must for any mods after stage 2. For the STI, even stage 2 will see power gains from injectors/pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. Newbie here of course.

Its a 2012 wrx (sedan).

Are there any disadvantages to upgrading to a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors prior to a bigger intercooler?

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Not really but yes if they are too big.

I would suggest looking into tgv deletes, air pump delete, turbo inlet, top mount, external wastegate, boost controller, walbro or arm fuel pump depending on your need and id1050x injectors.

If you go e85 you'll probably want to look at some of the aem pumps, pump gas walbro 255 should do well. For my comfort that's as far as I would go without starting into building a new block and beefing up the transmission. I've heard depending on the dyno it should get you in the range of 350whp on e85 depending on the dyno.

·
Æternum
15,504 Posts
Are there any disadvantages to upgrading to a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors prior to a bigger intercooler?
In theory, yes.

A bigger injector requires a shorter signal pulsewidth to inject the same amount of fuel. This, combined with poor fuel atomization at low loads, can cause lumpy idle and surging at low speeds. I call this "reducing fueling resolution." This is the reason VERY high horsepower builds run multiple injectors per cylinder.

Things have changed these days though. ID1050x injectors have better spray atomization than OEM injectors and the new ECUs have bang-on fuel control. I had an easier time mapping ID1000s on my bugeye than even the stock 420cc injectors... and that's on the old 16 bit ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts