ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of going through the Vishnu Path, it has some good deals i think, but after stage 1 is a awesome price. but for a stage 2 at 4225 at only 256awhp i thought IMO was kind of weak, i am sure if you toss 4225 into a wrx you can crank alot more out of it than 256awhp? or am i wrong? another question is can anyone tuner tune the Vishnu ECU? or do i have to wait for shiv to visit colorado before i can have him tune my car if i put on other modes after his stage 1? and what kinda ECU are u guys using and for what reason?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I'm using Vishnu, and very happy with it. I originally had the Stage 0, then had Shiv come out and reflash for my mods (equivalent to a Stage 1 and some extra goodies). I made 253 awhp (corrected) and 261 wtq (corrected), so I'd imagine that you would probably see alot more than their posted numbers for the Stage 2. Then again, this was a custom tune, whereas that's an off-the-shelf tune.

Normally, you can't tune the Vishnu ECU yourself. But, you can spend an extra $330 for their Delta Dash software, which allows for user-tunability of the ECU. Personally, I enjoy the plug-and-play performance of the Vishnu ECU.

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well eventually i will want around 275 - 300awhp. and i would love a custome tune by shiv if able, no i do not have any experience with tunning, but i was just going to take it to a shop and have them tune it again for me, like over write the vishnu data. i do want to stray away from vishnu after thier stage 1, that is why i asked that. i think going from stage 1 - stage 2, for 2000 dollars i can do alot more than vishnu can. (as in getting more power wise) that is why i asked, so if shiv dosent come to CO again does that mean we're screwed? for anyone that has any extra mod and using the vishnu ECU?

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was reading the vishnu site i think you can pay shiv to come and do a tuning seminar and they basically tune your car, so if you get alot of people to chip in you can fly them in or somthing like that i think?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
truWRXtacy said:
well eventually i will want around 275 - 300awhp. and i would love a custome tune by shiv if able, no i do not have any experience with tunning, but i was just going to take it to a shop and have them tune it again for me, like over write the vishnu data. i do want to stray away from vishnu after thier stage 1, that is why i asked that. i think going from stage 1 - stage 2, for 2000 dollars i can do alot more than vishnu can. (as in getting more power wise) that is why i asked, so if shiv dosent come to CO again does that mean we're screwed? for anyone that has any extra mod and using the vishnu ECU?
You can have Vishnu do a custom off-the-shelf reflash (I know, it sounds contradictory) based on future mods, but you have to pay them to do it.

My question is, if you're planning on straying from Vishnu in the future, why pay for their ECU now? Just buy the parts you want, and have it custom dyno-tuned. You'll save a nice bit of cash doing it that way.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well my reason for this is they wont let give me the discount price if i dont follow the path, like i buy the ecu then a exhaust or whatever than its going to cost more whreas if i can buy a stage sub zero to a stage zero , they only charge the ballance, and give you a bit of a discount. i want to move all the way to stage 1, then do somthing custom from there. but i'm pretty sure i'll go all the way to stage 1 with vishnu, so what your saying is i can just tell vishnu what kinda mods i have send in my ECU pay them and they'll flash it accordingly? and does vishnu have a schedule of when they go to certain places?i cause i know they just came to colorado not too long ago.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I think that you should only go with Vishnu if you plan on staying with them. The discount that you're speaking of isn't all that huge. It certainly doesn't offset the cost of paying for their ECU, and then later in the future having a custom-tune done by someone other than Vishnu.

Yes, you can have Vishnu reflash an ECU for you based on whatever mods you want, but you're going to pay alot for it, and it won't be as good a tune if you have it done on a dyno.

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so you think if i go the upgrade path i should stay on it and not stray off? and the thread so June 12th is the set date for Shiv?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
truWRXtacy said:
so you think if i go the upgrade path i should stay on it and not stray off? and the thread so June 12th is the set date for Shiv?
Well, not necessarily stay on the upgrade path, but if you buy a Vishnu ECU, either stick to the upgrade path, or find a way to have Shiv custom-tune your car. Don't buy their ECU, and then have someone else tune it.

No, that's from June of this year. Already happened. I posted the thread to show you that custom days are indeed set up, and usually have a good turnout.

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
o i see, poo on that :barf: well i probably wont be able to get the stage zero till mid april anyways i'll prob just get the sub zero first then upgrade to zero, but what do you think i should do? if i want to aquire about 275-300awhp? because their stage 2 is only 257awhp? i think if i can remmber corretcly, and i know they got a stage 3 coming out, but i bet that'll cost a fortune, and for an xtra 2g i think i can pump more awhp than vishnu's kit can start from a stage 1? so Shiv has came twice this year? think they'll come again anytime soon?

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
It's whp. It doesn't matter what wheels are driving.
You won't get 300whp at this altitude
A vendor arranged it, you might want to ask them if they're planning on doing it again.

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well all the WRX can do is awhp , not liek it can do rwhp. but is F.A.S.T the only vendor that would do somthing like taht? and is a custome tune from shiv for a sub zero stage better than a off the shelf sub zero stage? or same thing?

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
A custom tune is always better than something off the shelf, especially with such a large variable as altitude.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Personally, I would not recommend Vishnu, but Chris seems to love it. I use a UTEC. I wouldn't recommend that for you either.

What I'd suggest is you go read about what's out there. A lot of your questions will be answered. Check out Vishnu, Cobb, and TurboXS.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts