i have a 02 wrx, with the following mods:

aem short ram intake
HKS bov
Up-pipe
bosal down pipe
stock midpipe with cat
Cat back Blitz nur spec
boost set to about 15.5 -16psi

i have not got the car tuned or anything, so i kno its not running at full potential. What should i do to get it tuned?? just get ecu reflashed or save up and get a utec?? after i get it tuned up what will my numbers be with respect to 1/4 mile and power to the ground and crank?/

thank you to all replies, they are very much apprecitated.

·
Registered
317 Posts
access ecu is the cheapest, $395 for a stg 2 map, nice and easy, cheap, and safe.
Acess port is same exact map, more expensive, but u get the full monty w/ it, switchable maps, valet mode, boost guage...

ecutek is a great option as well, a totally custom map, kingpin does it for like $650, not customizable, but u can get all the effects of the utec, ie a perfect map, w/o the usertunable optoins, ie, its a good strong map thats set it and forget it. i don't know how the ecutek affects the learning capabilities of the stock ecu, charge temps would be my only concern, but its a proven product, im sure it will be fine,

then u have the utec, all the bells and whistles u could ever ask for on a piggy back chip. its expensive and its extra to tune it, but its a very proven product, but dont mess w/ it if u don't know what ur doing. only problem is that it still runs off the stock ecu, which is solved by running a utec ontop of an ecutek. this is basicaly a tuneable standalone system that not many people use.

then u have the mothers, motec, elements new hydra nemesis, tec 3, aem, i woun't go w/ those unless u plan on going absolutely insane with ur engine, these are geared towards more race applications because almost every parameter is changeable, u can even have a WRC style anti lag system, but thats a little too much.

hope this helps, id go w/ the ecutek personally if u don't need switchable maps. i believe the ap is overrated, i mean how often do u really change maps. for the same money, go w/ ecutek, ull have a faster car that can be just as safe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you both very much. Wrxwex ty for ur knowledge on the difff chips and options available for them. where might i be able to pick up a Ecutek or acess ecu?? im not looking to make record breaking times or anything just a fast and fun wrx. And TRailboss about what times does one run with 200 whp /? just curious. ty again guys, if you have any web links for those Chips that would be awesome.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Ecuteks can be done at your dealer if they are mod friendly. Metric Subaru in Huntington, NY does them all the time.

www.cobbtuning.com for Accessport
www.turboxs.com for UTEC

contact Dan @ Godspeed for Hydras I think he does them.

As for numbers with 200whp....I'd say you'd see mid 13's at high 90mph?

I dunno I'm not that good at guessing drag numbers, someone else will be better at that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts