ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda a newbie at this and want to buy a turbo back exhaust. I have a 2007 wrx. i kinda want something cheaper but am willing to spend some penny in some time. what are the benifits of some and what one to try and avoid.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
What are you looking for? Single Tip, Dual Tip, Noise Level, Budget?

Also, keep in mind you live in Canada...so snow+salt=rust. Thus, a cheap exhaust may rust out and cost you more money in the longrun. I would look at Maddad, TurboXS, Invidia, Cobb, and Borla. My pesonal favorite is Maddad, there stuff is quality and you almost never see them for sale in the classifieds (that should tell you it is good).

http://www.daddysscp.com/

·
Registered
321 Posts
Turbo-back exhausts open up flow, but require a tune, or a long long list of things can go wrong.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Cobb is the best. There's many more options but Cobb is the name to go with. A lot of the rest of the TBE depends on the sound you want.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha dont get me wrong but what about this just check the link and see what you think its called KoSpeed. looks kinda cheap but wanna see what you gentlemen think

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wouldn't. Headers might be a bad idea, the downpipe you don't want to skimp on because it connects to the turbo, and bad things can happen. Lordy LORD are those small pipes. :D Oh, and 2007 wrx is fine with the OEM up pipe, if you wanna save some cash.

This is COBB's downpipe, and is the same cost as the entire eBay exhaust. Use this, and you have a quality part for a greater effect than a 1.5" - 2" "headers-back" exhaust.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I've never heard of them which means I wouldn't buy that if it was 10 times cheaper than anything else. These cars are funky with major parts like this.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

·
Æternum
20,679 Posts
Mmmmm, headers + turboback exhaust for <$500... that must be good quality, right?

OP, don't cheap out. If you can't afford decent parts, save up some money THEN purchase the decent parts.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
OP...If you're going with a Turboback, then you are getting a DP...if you are getting a DP, then you do have plans for upgrading to proper State 2 engine management, correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts