Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of times 4EAT WRX's run in the 1/4 mile compared to 5MT's. I have a 4EAT with VF30, Blitz SBC-iD set to 16PSI, STi intercooler, 3" turbo back exhaust, uppipe, S-AFC fuel controller. The car does have some lag, but it just slingshots when boost hits. Do you guys think I would be in the mid-low 13's?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Have you upgraded your torque converter? If so, I'd imagine you'd run better times than your guessing. I'm not sure as I have no experience with a similarly equipped auto, but I bet you'd definitely be in the low 13's. I'll let those with more experience (ie.e RobPA comes to mind) give you the low down.

BTW, welcome aboard the board!

·
Registered
57 Posts
BozzWRX said:
I was wondering what kind of times 4EAT WRX's run in the 1/4 mile compared to 5MT's. I have a 4EAT with VF30, Blitz SBC-iD set to 16PSI, STi intercooler, 3" turbo back exhaust, uppipe, S-AFC fuel controller. The car does have some lag, but it just slingshots when boost hits. Do you guys think I would be in the mid-low 13's?
With stock timing the car will detonate with 16 PSI... thing is.. you won't know it's detonating... it'll have pulled timing well before then. But to give you an idea..

13.01 @104.8 1.78 60' in an automatic

EDIT: now if Rob would only FESS UP!

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Re: Re: What kind of times to 4EAT WRX's run?

RiftsWRX said:
EDIT: now if Rob would only FESS UP!

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
Rob has good engine management. That's all I can say in his absense. It's all moot though, because I am going to trounce him at Atco anyway!

Jorge, what kind of altitude do you run at? Atco is a mere 60' above sea level! :eek:

-Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What kind of times to 4EAT WRX's run?

PlatinumWRX said:

Rob has good engine management. That's all I can say in his absense. It's all moot though, because I am going to trounce him at Atco anyway!

Jorge, what kind of altitude do you run at? Atco is a mere 60' above sea level! :eek:

-Jim
GLD is right around 1200-1300 IIRC.

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My torque converter is still stock, but it stalls around 3200RPM's (when it's not too hot). Also, what's a good standalone engine management system for the 4EAT? Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts