ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbreakable loc, alarm, something better? Just curious? I am kind of turned off by alarms, but if their is something good that would keep someone from running off with my REX, I am game, tell me what you guys do to keep your ride safe.

·
Registered
647 Posts
stock alarm. WOrks great for me. I cant even touch like the spoiler with more than a tap without it going off or play with the key hole. Seems to work really well for me.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have stock alarm and lo-jack. Stock alarm sucks, my cars been tampered with twice and it didn't go off. I asked if my dealership could make it a little more sensitive, they told me they couldn't change the settings. Go figure...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Security? You mean like rolling up the windows?

Here in the upper midwest, not as many people fooling with others' vehicles, I guess. :)

I probably shouldn't have said anything about it, because now I've not only made a target of myself, I've jinxed myself...

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
stock alarm works pretty well for me. It goes off with any tampering with the key hole or door handles. plus, I have a dog that is dumb and will bark at ANYTHING especially someone in the front of the house, and her hearing is amazing. o yeah, i also have a low tolerance for jackasses that steal cars. and may God help them if i ever catch any of them. I think a nice kick to the throat and a few broken ribs would be in order....

plus, just for the irony... i would probably break their hands to so they could no longer steal :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

S

·
0 Posts
stock alarms good for me too. neways. im always within sight of my car. and anyone that knows me would never touch my car. cause they'd be dead. :mad: :D ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
overwrxed24 said:
I have stock alarm and lo-jack. Stock alarm sucks, my cars been tampered with twice and it didn't go off. I asked if my dealership could make it a little more sensitive, they told me they couldn't change the settings. Go figure...
I thought there was a way to adjust the sensitivity. Something in the center console you could tweak with a screwdriver. Anybody have any links?

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Fuel cut

Or a couple rotweilers or pitbulls with the windows cracked a little.

Sure...the car will reek of dog, but nobody is going to even consider stealing it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Locked garage works well for me.:)
(With pump-action 12 Gauge upstairs in reserve)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
my brother on his jeeep has this alarm where you put this cylinder thing in and you have to have it to start the car.......the car was started he pulled it out and it stopped...you try to turn on the car it wont even crank the car.......i want one!

$220 and they came to our work and installed it for him

·
48,699 Posts
WRXout said:
my brother on his jeeep has this alarm where you put this cylinder thing in and you have to have it to start the car.......the car was started he pulled it out and it stopped...you try to turn on the car it wont even crank the car.......i want one!

$220 and they came to our work and installed it for him
Interesting. Who's the manufacturer?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Interesting. Who's the manufacturer?
i will ask him when he comes back! its a very cool system and all the wires are black so peopel cant really tap them you know? its really safe,
i mean people can get into the car if you gotta ****ty alarm system liek subaru....but at least they cant steal it

·
48,699 Posts
Silva_Wagon said:
Accessport.
Heh, guess I've got that, too. Forgot about "Anti-Theft Mode"...;)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
CompuStar with car pager, so i know exactly when to go outside and kick some @$$

Also has an ignition kill / fuel cut.

That and my locked garage do the trick :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts