ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty impressed with my Rex's gas mileage so far (although it;s still 125 miles shy of what my 02 accord used to get).

Today, while going to see "I,ROBOT", my car (w/ 675 miles) began to putter and partially stall. My keen thinking quickly kicked in a few blocks later and a voice said to me "Matt, I need gas buddy. Turn around before you hit the freeway and fill me up...or we are both doomed!)

I was taking it beyond the limits of E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got 346 miles to 15 gals of gas using 91 octane in Colorado.

Not too shabby.....what do u guys get?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Iron, you've gotta remember that as your car breaks in, mileage will improve. Everyone here needs to remember that the EPA ratings on the car when you bought it were averages, and they were taken at a set speed. You get much better gas mileage at 65 on the highway than you do at 75 or 80.

On a funnier note, REX Dorifto, you would've loved driving my old ride. 2001 GMC Sierra with 15mpg city 18mpg highway, 275hp and a 4932 lb curb weight!!!!

Sure I lost 48hp, but I lost over 1800 lbs with it!!! Fortunately or unfortunately (depends on how you look at it) the only thing I can haul now is ass!

·
Registered
317 Posts
ive been averaging 24mpg the past 10 tanks, about 40 miles of highway and 30 miles of city, w/ extended periods of beating the snot out of it on the weekends, im talking 10-15+ mins of over 4krpms i can sometimes use a quarter of a tank in about 15 mins

i am stock engine wise though

·
Registered
218 Posts
I average about 24 but one trip I did get 28. I don't think it was a fluke either. The person following me was in a Geo Metro 1.0L 3cyl so I couldn't take off with any speed and we did 60 the whole way.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I calculate my milage every time I fill up (because I'm a geek). I'm always between 24-26 mpg in Colorado and get ~350 miles out of every tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm lucky to get 240 a tank..lol All city driving and I can't keep my foot off the gas... Got to put all those RPMs to good use I say.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I came from a 99 Jeep Cherokee, boy did that thing have a thirsty engine. I averaged about 11.5 mpg! (I didnt gun it too much :)

In my 04 wrx im averaging 20-22. However, with my current tank ill be lucky to get above 15...I just broke my engine in :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I fill mine up and it costs about $23.00-$25.00, and the next time I fill it up the odometer usually reads between 300-320 miles on that tank. I dont guess thats to bad considering how much of a beast these boxes's really are:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
120 miles a day. consistant 24. about 300 miles before fillup before the light comes on. this is with a/c on and off for comfort.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
look!

I do a good combo of city and hgwy driving and got 394 on my last tank. I was blown away!

Maybe the fact that I am overly anal and cautious with my new baby is the reason i'm getting such good mileage. Once I break it in and toss some mods, i'm expecting it to drop.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm getting about 280 miles per tank. I'm not sure what it will level out at since I keep resetting the ECU to clear my cat-inefficiency CEL code.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts