Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks like 3" muffler nameless axlebacks with an aftermarket y pipe and midpipe. My guess is a nameless catback but the other pipes could be from a different company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like 3" muffler nameless axlebacks with an aftermarket y pipe and midpipe. My guess is a nameless catback but the other pipes could be from a different company.
Thanks that what I was thinking cause I couldn’t find anything like that online,
Do you think putting something like the R400 on this would even be worth it??
I mean would you even get that much more performance from it??

·
Registered
99 Posts
The stock catback section of the exhaust adds a bit of restriction, so replacing it with an aftermarket catback could improve horsepower by maybe 10 at the absolute most, probably around 5hp. The biggest flow restriction in the stock exhaust comes from the downpipe section. The only real way to increase horsepower (with exhaust mods) is by replacing the stock down pipe with a higher diameter aftermarket part. All aftermarket downpipes require a tune to keep the engine from blowing.

So to answer your question, replacing the Nameless catback with an r400 catback (which I have actually) would not be worth it from a performance perspective. However, making that change would change the sound profile, tone quality, and overall volume of the exhaust.

By the way.. Nameless is a legitimate company that makes quality stuff. Nameless Catback Link. Upon further inspection, your exhaust may be an ebay special... most products have a namebrand somewhere visible.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My 5" nameless axleback has the name on it & has different weld points. I'm pretty sure they are all the same with different diameter resonators or none with muffler deletes. On mine the name is on a hanger bracket and the tip.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts