·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Decals? :sadwave:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
decals umm graphics idk what else to call it . i don't know anything about car cosmetic stuff

add your favorite car too duh

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Just for the fun of it , what kind of decal/paint job/graphic kit would look good on a red wrx.
Survey says: No. None.

However, I did see one guy with a "I love farting" sticker that I thought was innovative.

also tell me what your favorite looking car of all time is.
The most beautiful car ever made is the Talbot-Lago.

The most beautiful livery ever done (not "decals" but what decals could only dream of being I suppose is one way to define livery) is Lancia Martini in white base. Second is Porsche Martini in white base. Third is Lancia Martini in red base. Fourth is Alfa Romeo Martini in red base.

Image below: Foreground, S4 in white base Martini livery; background, Deltona HF (I think?) in red base Martini livery.

Japanese cars are not appropriate for this discussion. Maybe next century. For this one, and the past one, nothing compelling has come out of Japan in any meaningful numbers.

The closest Japanese car to "beautiful" is the Toyota 2000GT.

To be fair, Jolly Club "ToTip" livery is also pretty, and it has the added bonus of advertising sports gambling. So one can pick a livery that advertises booze, or sports gambling. Win-win.

Honourable mentions, livery contest:

1. Yves Saint Laurent Kouros on Mercedes. (The scent itself smells like urine frankly, but the livery is pretty, the bottles are pretty, and I get a smile on my face whenever I think of the Getty paying $6M USD for a pristine condition kouros and then finding that the statue is fake -- because if it weren't fake, it would have been loot, and I'd rather see them have a fake than loot, but I digress).
2. Silk Cut Jaguar.

So livery comes down to booze, gambling, smokes, or cologne.

Don't want to flood the thread with more pics, all available via google images etc.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Livery's that's it ! didnt mean decals...

What i meant by your favorite car is a car with livery's

·
29,466 Posts
Livery's that's it ! didnt mean decals...

What i meant by your favorite car is a car with livery's
OK that's what I guessed, see above. Good topic, interesting.

·
29,466 Posts
The Alitalia livery is quite pretty. I'm on the road or I'd post a Kenya Airways livery from the Safari, always liked that too.

·
29,466 Posts
Alitalia Lancia Stratos followed onstage by what seems to be an S4 in white Martini livery.

(I wonder if all those guys with the bright coloured wheels on their Imprezas thought they were innovating).

·
29,466 Posts
The beauty of FWD: Sold 10.2011 for $165K. Among the front drive pioneers,and gorgeous. Among my favourite US-made cars. Straight 8, 3spd. The colour scheme was later used by Citroen for the 2CV "Charleston."

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts