Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Turbosmart iwg actuator on the way and I was going to replace the 5psi spring with 7psi but now I'm thinking I should have gotten a 10psi spring..

'08 wrx hatch TP stage2 etune @ 18psi target and I have a 3port ebcs. Plan on getting map revised immediately but which would be better so I don't have to do this twice. I have plenty time as the wastegate is coming from AU, probably a month out.

·
Æternum
16,157 Posts
I think you'll be fine.

Plenty of TD04-13Ts (yeah, I know you have a 19T) with maxxed pressure ratios on OEM wastegate and spring. You are unlikely to have an issue in controlling boost at 18 PSI even with the stock wastegate.

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you'll be fine.

Plenty of TD04-13Ts (yeah, I know you have a 19T) with maxxed pressure ratios on OEM wastegate and spring. You are unlikely to have an issue in controlling boost at 18 PSI even with the stock wastegate.
Thanks man.
Yeah I think the vf turbos have a 7psi spring stock so if it's good enough for them I would think it would work for me and my tiny td04. Just got thrown off by people saying the spring pressure shouldn't be less than the target when multiplied by 2 seeing as the tune is 18psi now. I'll check with the tuner Monday for sure too.

·
Æternum
16,157 Posts
Thanks man.
Yeah I think the vf turbos have a 7psi spring stock so if it's good enough for them I would think it would work for me and my tiny td04. Just got thrown off by people saying the spring pressure shouldn't be less than the target when multiplied by 2 seeing as the tune is 18psi now. I'll check with the tuner Monday for sure too.
Yes, I've heard that rule of thumb. There are caveats. This is a dynamic system so you can't really reference static pressures anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts