ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this isnt about my car, its about my work truck. its a 88 f350. nothing pretty, but still its mine, paid for, and a pretty good old truck. i was at work friday 8-20. it was about 2:30 pm (i build houses in crappy neighborhoods). i was in a house by myself when four kids about 14 years old came up to me with MY hammer and said empty your pockets. not being one that likes getting hit with a hammer, i gave them my work nextel, about 15 dollars cash and a half pack of marlboros, nothing i would really miss. then i told them to get lost, thats all i got. then the guy next to the guy with the hammer said is that your truck? give us the keys. thats where i drew the line and said a bunch of stuff i cant repeat on here. next thing i know all 5 of us were in the mud going at it, i think i got a few good hits in there but i was just out numbered, and got a skull full of claw hammer. I NEVER GAVE UP MY KEYS THOUGH!! :D . but i still feel like crap, i got beat up by a bunch of kids. ended up going to the hospital getting 11 stitches in the side of my head, and im getting a few days off work now. but this has had me wondering, if i took a a$$ kickin like that for a 2000$ ford, what would i have done to save the subie? i guess im just glad those dumb little kids werent carrying a pistol or anything.
sorry for the novel, i just felt like telling somebody.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I wouldn't give up my ride up for anything less than a gun or knife. A hammer, or any other type of blunt object I would try to fight off, but then again I used to LOVE to fight and was damn good at it:D If I was approached with a gun or sharp object I would just give up whatever they want.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I dont think i'd take a bullet for my future wrx...but I do beleave that I would protect with one.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
You should have run for your nail gun.

Well, I can speak from experience. I had me WRX stolen and stripped a little over a month ago. I can tell you it sucked and was one of the worst expereinces in my life but now I am taking advantage of the situation and getting an STi so the theives can suck it!!

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
You should have run for your nail gun.

Well, I can speak from experience. I had me WRX stolen and stripped a little over a month ago. I can tell you it sucked and was one of the worst expereinces in my life but now I am taking advantage of the situation and getting an STi so the theives can suck it!!
Is that your rental in your avatar?:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
big pipe said:
well this isnt about my car, its about my work truck. its a 88 f350. nothing pretty, but still its mine, paid for, and a pretty good old truck. i was at work friday 8-20. it was about 2:30 pm (i build houses in crappy neighborhoods). i was in a house by myself when four kids about 14 years old came up to me with MY hammer and said empty your pockets. not being one that likes getting hit with a hammer, i gave them my work nextel, about 15 dollars cash and a half pack of marlboros, nothing i would really miss. then i told them to get lost, thats all i got. then the guy next to the guy with the hammer said is that your truck? give us the keys. thats where i drew the line and said a bunch of stuff i cant repeat on here. next thing i know all 5 of us were in the mud going at it, i think i got a few good hits in there but i was just out numbered, and got a skull full of claw hammer. I NEVER GAVE UP MY KEYS THOUGH!! :D . but i still feel like crap, i got beat up by a bunch of kids. ended up going to the hospital getting 11 stitches in the side of my head, and im getting a few days off work now. but this has had me wondering, if i took a a$$ kickin like that for a 2000$ ford, what would i have done to save the subie? i guess im just glad those dumb little kids werent carrying a pistol or anything.
sorry for the novel, i just felt like telling somebody.
Thats why I keep a 22 oz hammer under my driver seat. :D i would have done the same thing.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
man sorry to hear that, glad your alright.. and man i wish we where all their so we could kick the crap out them for you. glad your alright.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the worst part is the little basterds took my hammer. it was a nice hammer, 22 oz estwing framing hammer-about $30. oh well.
i'm kinda shocked those kids even messed with me, i'm 6'1", 240, shaved head, everybody says that im really scarry lookin...i guess those kids were just crazier than kids were when i was little.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
sorry to hear about that. I hate stupid kids. I would have taken the keys while they were running their mouths and stuck em between the fingers in my fist and gone after the one with the hammer first. Get the ring leader and they will all fall hard. I've yet to see someone get back up after getting hit with a fist full of keys...

·
Registered
139 Posts
your story is awesome! its like straight out of a Steven Segal movie. too bad you didnt know any martial arts and then do some special moves. i could imagine you doing a backflip kick into a kids face, then grabbing two other kids and smashing their heads together. the the last kid would just be standing there in fear looking at you while you say something like "hey punk, go tell your friends, that YOU CANT F*** WITH THIS!!!!!" as he runs off.

it sucks that had to happen to you. but its awesome that you fought them. but yeah you should've been like "umm, yeah, uh, let me go get my keys, theyre over there." then grab your nailgun hehe.

your from St louis too, im about 90 miles north of ya.

·
Registered
647 Posts
bastard kids - u should carry somethin with you while your ni those bad neighborhoods at night by yourself. For future times, but hopefully it wotn happen again.

I would give up my car if someone pulled a gun of me, but if it was a small knife i would go for the long screw driver in my back seat and just start stabbin away.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Like everyone else said. For agun they can have my car. Anythign else, well mostly anythign else, Im going for my knife.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
i have a mini prybar, a 6inch army issue dagger/boot knife, and a rattan stick for inside your fist all in my pocket of my door to prevent anyone from getting my car.

other than that always have the stilleto in my left pocket that would also meet any would be theives with glee.

i dont leave my house w/o the stuff and where i live im never w/o my knife in my pocket.

a gun is the only thing id back down for in almost all cases. . .

im not a violent person though so for any of this to be used it would all be extrememly warranted.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Give up the car. It is a lot easier to buy a new WRX than a new brain! Ask Dorothy and her friends. :p That being said, take your new WRX out and hunt them down one at a time and get even on your terms! It has worked for me. (only it was my bicycle when I was a teenager)

·
Registered
0 Posts
My WRX is worth about 20 grand to me. I have good insurance, so that's ALL it's worth to me. I would not take a bullet, a knife or a claw hammer to the head for it. :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
My WRX is worth about 20 grand to me. I have good insurance, so that's ALL it's worth to me. I would not take a bullet, a knife or a claw hammer to the head for it. :)
I'm an idiot so I would probably end up fighting to the death over it. For some reason when I get in "fight mode" all logic and reason goes away and all I can think about is pummelling my target. Sure is fun though beating the crap outta someone who deserves it. I only look about a buck 70 but I know how to throw my 210 lbs around. :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts