ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a MBC on set to hit about 15 psi in 3rd and 4th gear and worked great. But i got an accessport so i took the MBC off and checked all the hoses and there fine but am only boosting 10 psi with turboback exhaust catless and catless uppipe on stage 2 map.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know what brass restrictor pill your talking about but i am not using stock hoses but the same stuff as what was there before. and i have the boost gauge tapped at the BOV that is the only tap. I saw that there was this little restrictor coupler and i took that off and just plugged that hose into the T because it was just extra hose it seemed like.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
what fixxer said. theres a brass restricter pill that for some reason you need to hit full boost. don't understand why, you just do. i think you can order it from subaru. i saw the part numer on here somewhere

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Go to an auto parts store and get a 1/8" brass restrictor, thats the stock size. If you dont have that in there to slow the air down from goign to the boost control solenoid, the wastegate will open really early and you wont be able to boost more than 10 since the wastegate is open fully by then.

The restrictor delays the signal and allows the wastegate to stay closed longer, resulting in higher boost. Make sure you put the restrictor in the short hose coming off the compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts