Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
JDM

Hey were they these rims? They are Spoon Sports Lightweight rims. People do it for the JDM Honda Look. Check out JDMHondaparts.com. There's an STi section on the site as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
in the winter my civic will be black w/ black rims(not putin hucaps back on)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Everything cool is derived from JDM, it just sucks when people take it too far.

·
Registered
785 Posts
All the civics I've seen around here have just had their hubcaps removed so you see the black rim. I've also seen larger chrome rims on the rear with the stockers (minus hubcaps) on the front. I asked a honda dude the other day at a stoplight why he had a big functional wing on the back of his accord when it's front wheel drive and therefore taking traction away from his drive wheels and he flipped me off. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
No Hubcaps

Forgot about the stock steel rims. My first car was an Accord and in an effort to look more sporty I took the hubcaps off and just had black rims. Not sure exactly what I was going for then, but it did a lot better than the hubcaps. I still love hondas when they're done right.

JDM is cool, but I think that copying other styles isn't always the best way to go. I love JDM parts, they're just cool cause they're different and often have better performance. But I think that there's definately a style in the US and that we should develop it instead of trying to look exactly like JDM cars.

·
Registered
679 Posts
AaronC said:
What is up with these Black Civics with black rims? Geez I see them everywhere. I guess they want to look "Fast and Furious". I personally think it is hideous. Just my .02
Well you just don't have good taste in Hondas. Black on black is mean and functional looking. Personally, I had silver wheels on my Integras, but the look is clean and JDM.

Also, "fast and furious" didn't have any blk on blk civic, so I don't see how it relates besides the fact that it's a honda :rolleyes:

Too many Haters.....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Re: Hmmm...

AaronC said:
I cant imagine actually buying wheels that make you look like you have a bad brake dust problem. If you think that looks col then i am going to have to issue you a citation... <Check Beside rims with no hupcaps>
Spoon Sw388's:

They are not made to look good, they are FUNCTIONAL wheels. Very light weight (circa 8lbs in 15"), and fit big brakes. Appearently you don't have a clue when it comes to Hondas, so you can keep your citation. Honestly, there are cars other than Subaru (ie there is a reputable Honda scene, but a lot of "Rice-boys" make people think otherwise).

·
Registered
785 Posts
I personally have no problem whatsoever with lightweight funtional wheels (even black on black), but the problem is the people driving civics with their hubcaps off and the stockers painted black. Looks like they just lost all their hubcaps on some twisty roads. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts