ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought an 04 WRX that the engine was being rebuilt by the previous owner. He took it all apart, and then decided to sell it, so now i'm trying to figure out how to put it all back together.
I'm missing the aluminum tube/pipe that runs from one half of the block to the other half. I don't know what it's called, but it mounts using 2 flange bolts on each side of the block. I think it carries coolant, and it sits right under the intake manifold

I can't find any information on this part whatsoever, and I need the name of it or the part number to order a new one because it is missing.
I put a picture on here of somebody else's engine, and it has the part i'm missing installed on it.

Can somebody please tell me what this part is called and what it does? I'm a noob, sorry for the noob question hahaha.

Edit.jpg .

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I have the factory manuals and it's not really described in there. I think it's just called a "engine coolant pipe". I'm sure a quick call to the dealership could get you the part #. I do have a used one. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts