ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru WRX STi
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm lookin to buy a WRX STi and saw this "trumpet" looking thing under the hood. The owner says if I want, he could put it back to stock. But I don't know what it does? Is it good? Better gas mileage?

Can anyone help out by shedding light on what this trumpet looking thing is/does??

trumpet1.jpg trumpet.jpg

Thanks!
W

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
BOV. See "The Big BOV Thread" on this forum. Some are expensive, most make noise, some may not affect the car, some do. I would not bother with it and just get the stock unit. If the car has additional modifications, scrutinize them carefully.

·
SPT for the win!
60 Posts
yea dont be that guy with the "hey i have a turbo!" horn. let your tail lights do the talking :drive2:

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I can't say it makes all girls excited. I am one and I don't care for the sound it's bad for your engine and I heard the turbo could spin in reverse.
Go back to stock.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
yea dont be that guy with the "hey i have a turbo!" horn. let your tail lights do the talking :drive2:
This thread is 9 months old...

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
LOL! I didn't even check the post date.
Sad on my part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't say it makes all girls excited. I am one and I don't care for the sound it's bad for your engine and I heard the turbo could spin in reverse.
Go back to stock.
Think about the physics of that.... How would a BOV cause such a radical cavitation in the air flow that it would negate the exhaust gasses traveling through the turbine housing? Not possible..... Especially in an atmospheric venting situation where the air isn't even reintroduced back to the intake flow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts