ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had people tell me to not to let go of the gas while I shift and others tell me to let go in between gears. Whats the best way you guys found to get a better quarter mile time???:confused:

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Really if you don't want to RayRayRayRay anything up. Gas, off gas, clutch in, into the next gear, clutch out/gas.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Might want to check out the stickies in this forum. Lots of stuff in their on launching and shifting.

IMHO....flat foot shifting or speed shifting is not a good thing for a AWD car with good traction. To harsh on the engine mounts, trans mounts, clutch, and of course, the trans itself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just anticipate the shift then stab the clutch as fast as you can and rip it into the next gear (off gas, not flat foot shifting). Although 1st to 2nd is tough to get in sometimes, I think its the synchros, and I dont really force it but 2nd-5th useually isnt a problem. Im starting to doubht the people that say the trannies are going to blow up if you beat on it. Anything will blow up if you beat on it enough. Everyone that I know who that has these cars beats the hell out of their trannies and are still fine, but one, and he used to redline clutch dump everywhere and this was a years worth of doing that. Me on the other hand I baby mine everywhere and only rip though the gears hard when I drag it which is very rarely (twice so far after almost 1 1/2 years). Their not as fragile as you think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just use the stock rev limiter as launch control and dump the clutch... And don't even put the clutch in when you shift... Just take both hands and yank it in to the next gear... Flat footed of course...

In all seriousness...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just use the stock rev limiter as launch control and dump the clutch... And don't even put the clutch in when you shift... Just take both hands and yank it in to the next gear... Flat footed of course...

In all seriousness...
thats how i launch but it i prefer the clutch when shifting:rotfl:

but for real just be smooth with the clutch transitions dont dump
thats not to say you cant let it out extremely fast

i also shift a little early before the redline feels faster that way
i guess it runs out of boost top end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts